News   Mar 28, 2024
 31     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 535     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 345     0 

Roads: GTA West Corridor—Highway 413

which means that support is maintained..
your right but i am seeing people (not you) suggesting that they actively went out and relooked at it and came back strongly in favour of it.

I watched the meeting yesterday and the Mayor assured the councillor (Whillains) who wanted it re-opened that he had spoken to an MPP who was open to working with the city on the boulevard solution (whatever you think of that) and not to give up hope.....so it was a surprise to me (and perhaps the mayor) to see that MPP tweeting gleefully about the support.

your right but i am seeing people (not you) suggesting that they actively went out and relooked at it and came back strongly in favour of it.

I watched the meeting yesterday and the Mayor assured the councillor (Whillains) who wanted it re-opened that he had spoken to an MPP who was open to working with the city on the boulevard solution (whatever you think of that) and not to give up hope.....so it was a surprise to me (and perhaps the mayor) to see that MPP tweeting gleefully about the support.
Brown has a habit of saying things with a rather tenuous connection to the truth
Yes, bramptons continued push for the boulevard is puzzling to say the least… the whole idea is just completely clueless in terms of actually accomplishing any kind of desirable outcome. I’m really just not sure who thinks it’s actually a good idea.
The Boulevard idea is a profligate waste of money based on progressive delusions. The most basic sanity check shows it to be madness. They wax about how the Boulevard will connect the community, the reality is it is so wide it would require a multistage crossing, and to meet the needed throughput on the Boulevard would have much of the signal time dedicated to the north south route. Who wants to cross a road that takes five minutes to cross?

Announcement on the subject of 413 happening now with the Premier and Minister of Transportation. Still waiting on the presser:

1646928803024.png

Press Release:

Its a really vague non-announcement featuring 413 and the Bradford Bypass, but mentioning GO and subways as well.

Essentially a "Look, we're doing something" presser, but without any actual progress or milestones being announced so far as I can tell.

Announcement on the subject of 413 happening now with the Premier and Minister of Transportation. Still waiting on the presser:

View attachment 384706

Press Release:

Its a really vague non-announcement featuring 413 and the Bradford Bypass, but mentioning GO and subways as well.

Essentially a "Look, we're doing something" presser, but without any actual progress or milestones being announced so far as I can tell.
This was the announcement of finished 2051 Regional Transportation Plan - the final product of the draft we saw a few months ago now.

There's a lot of stuff in here that I will begin sharing in their appropriate channels - but in general its stuff we've already seen before.

This was the announcement of finished 2051 Regional Transportation Plan - the final product of the draft we saw a few months ago now.

There's a lot of stuff in here that I will begin sharing in their appropriate channels - but in general its stuff we've already seen before.

Just read through it.

Its a waste of hardrive memory.

Entirely filled with non-specifics, its not a plan, its barely an aspiration, with a laundry list of vague values. Ugh.

Just read through it.

Its a waste of hardrive memory.

Entirely filled with non-specifics, its not a plan, its barely an aspiration, with a laundry list of vague values. Ugh.
I mean that's basically what all long term plans are, lines on a map that show a rough idea of what they want and the direction you want to go. You don't really want to commit to specifics because at that point in time everything is subject to so many changes and amendments that you might as well say nothing at all. They have all of those "new higher order lines" all over the place, however they don't specify BRT/LRT/Enhanced bus for the same reason - they don't really know what they will be until they begin the study for those new routes and determine what makes more sense then.

I mean that's basically what all long term plans are, lines on a map that show a rough idea of what they want and the direction you want to go. You don't really want to commit to specifics because at that point in time everything is subject to so many changes and amendments that you might as well say nothing at all. They have all of those "new higher order lines" all over the place, however they don't specify BRT/LRT/Enhanced bus for the same reason - they don't really know what they will be until they begin the study for those new routes and determine what makes more sense then.

We very much disagree on how to do planning.

I'm in the R.C Harris camp, where you build a deck for a subway on Bloor-Danforth, when Danforth is still a dirt road, and Toronto won't see subways on Yonge for another 35+ years.

I'm involved with some ecological planning that has a 100-year time frame for impact and restoration goals; and has deliverables spelled out for each decade with detailed planning in place for the first 10 years, and high-level planning
and mapping for the 20 thereafter.

Last edited:
The oligarch Doug Ford still thinks that the future is the single-occupant automobile, using infinite supplies of cheap gasoline.
Not even close. Over half of the document is literally dedicated to saying the exact opposite in fact.

Back