Residences of 488 University Avenue, The (Amexon Development Corp) - Real Estate -

hello, I'm wondering do you eventually done with the PDI successfully. cause they seemed to ignore my emails and just saying they already fixed all the still but in fact they don't

Hi Zoey,

there are many things in my unit that need to be done. Basically they haven’t done anything yet compare to the list that I got on the PDI. I’m sure other owners have the same problem with this builder as well.

I think it will be a bar type of “restaurant” where you can order drinks and finger foods. If you open that door behind the couch in the sky lobby you will see it. Ok yes you’re not supposed to open the door LOL

I think it will be a bar type of “restaurant” where you can order drinks and finger foods. If you open that door behind the couch in the sky lobby you will see it. Ok yes you’re not supposed to open the door LOL
Do you know what else we’ll have for amenities as there are different lists with different item and I see in previous post that outdoor pool has been canceled (which I never received notice about this before)
Thanks!!

hello, I'm wondering do you eventually done with the PDI successfully. cause they seemed to ignore my emails and just saying they already fixed all the still but in fact they don't

hey Zoey, apparently 120 days period is passed, so I think we have to take everything that they haven’t done to Tarion ?! I still have a missing closet in master bedroom, with many other issues that they didn’t resolve!! I wonder about other owners issues and how they are dealing with these incomplete things in their unit.

Does anyone living in the building have the same question that why the actual maintenance fees for the condo and the parking are 2-3 times higher than the original estimates in the contract? Isn't it against the Ontario Consumer Act to charge more than 10% than the estimate? Their valet parking policy comes out of the blue and is unreasonable.. They only allow one registered car to be parked there even if the resident purchased the permit of the right to park there.. So we don't get to choose what car to park there? it has to be the ONE AND ONLY car all along otherwise they will charge $240 data entry admin fee to change the car? And this $240 admin fee is not even written in any of the contract we signed?! 🤯 Does that also mean if I sent my car to service for a couple of days and got a car from the dealership, I have to find a paid parking elsewhere? This policy is just a pain and can only be trouble but no benefit. The "fun" part is.. when I tried to talk to the condo management office Duka, they said it's Amexon Property Management that's managing it.. When I talked to Amexon Property Management, they said it's Duka's responsibility. After a couple of back and forth, they asked me to contact Jason Shiff, who's the head of sales in Amexon Developement, and who's also the ONLY go-to person from the Amexon Property Management, according to the property manager from Duka. And guess what, Jason ignored me when I asked where in the contract mentioned about all the additional fees and the breakdown of the increased maintenance fees. That's not what I remembered about how he treated us before we signed the contract to purchase the unit. 🤔

Does anyone living in the building have the same question that why the actual maintenance fees for the condo and the parking are 2-3 times higher than the original estimates in the contract? Isn't it against the Ontario Consumer Act to charge more than 10% than the estimate? Their valet parking policy comes out of the blue and is unreasonable.. They only allow one registered car to be parked there even if the resident purchased the permit of the right to park there.. So we don't get to choose what car to park there? it has to be the ONE AND ONLY car all along otherwise they will charge $240 data entry admin fee to change the car? And this $240 admin fee is not even written in any of the contract we signed?! 🤯 Does that also mean if I sent my car to service for a couple of days and got a car from the dealership, I have to find a paid parking elsewhere? This policy is just a pain and can only be trouble but no benefit. The "fun" part is.. when I tried to talk to the condo management office Duka, they said it's Amexon Property Management that's managing it.. When I talked to Amexon Property Management, they said it's Duka's responsibility. After a couple of back and forth, they asked me to contact Jason Shiff, who's the head of sales in Amexon Developement, and who's also the ONLY go-to person from the Amexon Property Management, according to the property manager from Duka. And guess what, Jason ignored me when I asked where in the contract mentioned about all the additional fees and the breakdown of the increased maintenance fees. That's not what I remembered about how he treated us before we signed the contract to purchase the unit. 🤔
Hi, I have same idea as you. It’s too unreasonable to charge $240 every time when we want to park another car. And what’s more is that we are not allowed to go to the parking lot to check with our car. I think they might oversell parking space so they park all the car in a small space. The maintenance fee itself is already three to four times higher than other buildings and now we are even paying this stupid registration fee. Apparently the board is the only way that might have the right to change some regulations in our building and that’s why I originally want to be one of them. However, I am not in Toronto at the time. And now when I tried to get the contact numbers of people who is on our condo board, Duka told me they cannot give me the contact method directly and they will help me pass on the message to them. So I really have no idea whether they really help me pass on the messag.

Hey everyone,

First time poster here! I’ve been eyeing this building because it’s extremely close to my work place. I’ve been reading Google reviews online and people seem to warn me from moving in. As owners/renters, what are your living experiences like? Primarily, I am concerned about noise, and smells (in between units and hallways noise). Thank you!

Back