Ravine, The (Urban Capital / ALIT Developments) - Real Estate -

Question for you folks. I assume most of us are like me who bought in 2015 and have been watching it get pushed over and over. I don't really care who to blame at this point, whether it's administrative, pandemic, city bylaws or a mix of all of those - I'm just thinking about what comes next.
Life has changed drastically since initially purchasing the place, and I won't be living in it. Are you folks also planning on immediately flipping the place and moving into something else? It was going to be a residence for me, but at this point it's just a lucrative investment.

Received my notice a few months ago that they'll be letting people in at "Some point in 2023". It's now been reduced to "Between March 2023 and December 2023". Fun stuff.

Amazed that this thread is almost 15 years old!

My relative doesn't have much confidence that he'll actually move in this year.

They're still building out the conveniently-out-of-sight corner on the Southeast side, so I'm not gaining much confidence that they'll be done this year either.

I purchased a unit on the 4th floor back in Dec. 2016

PDI now scheduled for Late February & move in early March

I purchased a unit on the 4th floor back in Dec. 2016

PDI now scheduled for Late February & move in early Marc
Glad to hear you got PDI and occupancy date setup!
We are also waiting to hear from Urban Capital on occupancy.
When did you get email from Ravine about firm occupancy date?
When did you get PDI appointment setup email?

They have sent me many emails with many dates lol. The most recent was at the beginning of September, giving me the occupancy date. At the beginning of February they gave me PDI date.

I'm assuming you're higher up in the tower? I imagine by the end of the year most of the building will be occupied.

They have sent me many emails with many dates lol. The most recent was at the beginning of September, giving me the occupancy date. At the beginning of February they gave me PDI date.

I'm assuming you're higher up in the tower? I imagine by the end of the year most of the building will be occupied.
Ya same here! Initially occupancy was 2018 and then delayed, delayed, delayed and here we are....lol
Yes we are higher up and got our occupancy date as mid May.
What we got was Revised Final occupancy date but haven't got firm occupancy date yet though.
Was it final occupancy or was it firm occupancy, u got back in Sept?

Oh wow. I love seeing that occupancy notices are finally going out. I'm on the 8th floor and received a Final Occupancy date of March 20th, with an outside occupancy date of December 1st.

No notice of PDI yet, but assuming that has to happen before March 20th, I feel like it's close...?

Oh wow. I love seeing that occupancy notices are finally going out. I'm on the 8th floor and received a Final Occupancy date of March 20th, with an outside occupancy date of December 1st.

No notice of PDI yet, but assuming that has to happen before March 20th, I feel like it's close...?Yes s you should get PDI scheduled soon. Person I know also bought 8th floor and he just got PDI scheduled for mid March.

No notice of PDI yet, but assuming that has to happen before March 20th, I feel like it's close...?
Yes you should get PDI schedule soon. Person I know also bought 8th floor and he just got PDI scheduled for mid March.

Yes you should get PDI schedule soon. Person I know also bought 8th floor and he just got PDI scheduled for mid March
You got it. Mine was just scheduled for the 2nd week of March.

I'd love to see the view from anybody who's already had their PDI. When I emailed them, they said they just started bringing people in for inspections on the lower floors.

Had my PDI today on the 4th floor, facing north/west. The guy conducting the inspection was nice, he had already taped off multiple deficiencies before we entered, but we found a bunch more. The biggest issue of all in my opinion, the washroom. My toilet is a mere 2-3 inches from the vanity, the paper holder is literally hanging over the toilet, no room to even fit a roll on it and open the lid. Wondering if I'll have to have them put in a new vanity with smaller dimensions. I've attached some pics. Any input would we nice. The pillar in the corner of the living room was not in the floor plan, so that was a bit disappointing to walk in to see that...

Anyone else here had a PDI and found similar issues? 20230228_093935.jpg20230228_093921.jpg20230228_093237.jpg20230228_093244.jpg20230228_094253.jpg20230228_094346.jpg20230228_095922.jpg20230228_101931.jpg20230228_101039.jpg20230228_101405.jpg

Back