2.2K     5 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 664     0 

Property Management Reviews

golfer727272

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi Folks

Thought it would be interesting to get some opinion's or reviews on various property management companies

Here's two I'm aware of..

1) First Service
2) 360 Community Management.

Any thoughts?

Hi Folks

Thought it would be interesting to get some opinion's or reviews on various property management companies

Here's two I'm aware of..

1) First Service
2) 360 Community Management.

Any thoughts?

There are several comparisons of PM companies on UT already and the bottom line is that you need BOTH a good company (for the back-office stuff) plus a good Manager.

I've heard horror stories of boards who either interfere heavily with the property management staff or are completely absent. The working relationship between a condo board and the property management company is just as, if not more, important than the property management company itself.

Hey DSC....Looked but could not find the comparisons you reference . If you can be more specific its appreciated.

Thanks...I was hoping for some specific items of feedback on various management companies.
Really depends what you're looking for. We recently switched and got proposals from eight different companies; we then interviewed four. Make a list of your "must haves" and see who matches that. Look at the qualifications of the people they hire. Look at the support they provide those people.

I am not a fan of First service ( formally Simerra), if found them extremely lacking in experienced managers as well as service.

I also found all the contracts they pushed us into, we could usually find a better solution much cheaper.

Has anyone dealt with Pro-House? I’m a new director at a small 50 unit condo. We’re in the process of looking for new management. Any recommendations?

Has anyone dealt with Pro-House? I’m a new director at a small 50 unit condo. We’re in the process of looking for new management. Any recommendations?
Small condo corps are usually best served by a smaller pm company as they can be 'lost' in one of the biggies. However, ideally you need a good COMPANY and a good MANAGER and it is really the Manager who can make or break things! Our corp is about same size as yours and we have been very pleased with Royale Grande (and our manager) for about 10 years. When we hired them we got useful advice from our auditor - who obviously sees the work of many pm companies.

Back