PJ Condos (Pinnacle International) - Real Estate -

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Thread for those interested in purchasing at PJ Condos by Pinnacle International at Pearl and John Streets in Toronto's Entertainment District.

Can the 6-10 floors southwest corner units possibly see the CN tower?
Seems OK until the Mirvish Gehry tower is built
Only drawback is no balcony. Only the north units have balconies in this building
SW is the best corner view (if not looking into someone else's living room)

Anybody know when's the expected occupancy date for this building?
I'm trying to buy my first condo to move out by the end of this year, was wondering if this building would be ready in time?

Anybody know when's the expected occupancy date for this building?
I'm trying to buy my first condo to move out by the end of this year, was wondering if this building would be ready in time?

Hello Ericsh,

Unfortunately no. There are still 15 floors to be enclosed, and the tower crane is still installed. While the building has been topped off, there is much work to do before first occupancy. The lower floor suites may their interiors well underway, a lot of the basic building systems - required for occupancy, are not in place. Examples would include the building heating and cooling systems, the domestic hot water supply system (DHW), life safety systems and so on.

Based on the current state of the building - summer 2021 - plus or minus a couple of months for occupancy.

Hello Ericsh,

Unfortunately no. There are still 15 floors to be enclosed, and the tower crane is still installed. While the building has been topped off, there is much work to do before first occupancy. The lower floor suites may their interiors well underway, a lot of the basic building systems - required for occupancy, are not in place. Examples would include the building heating and cooling systems, the domestic hot water supply system (DHW), life safety systems and so on.

Based on the current state of the building - summer 2021 - plus or minus a couple of months for occupancy.

Thank you so much for your response.
I guess I'll have to look for another condo.

Any future owners here know when interim occupancy is expected to begin, and how long that period is estimated to be?

I'm considering buying a southwest corner unit on floor 10+, is there a way to find out the south view? I'm a bit concerned about the Metro Hall on 55 John Street (27-storey) blocking the view.
hope someone can help me out here, thank you!!

I'm considering buying a southwest corner unit on floor 10+, is there a way to find out the south view? I'm a bit concerned about the Metro Hall on 55 John Street (27-storey) blocking the view.
hope someone can help me out here, thank you!!
Long into the future it is expected to be blocked on the South side by Mirvish Gehry towers. (unsure what year)
It could take years for it to get built though (maybe 5-7?)
Look it up in this forum and see how it impacts your view
Also, South side units have no balconies, do you want to buy no balconies after COVID? Most people will look for a balcony in their condos nowadays

Long into the future it is expected to be blocked on the South side by Mirvish Gehry towers. (unsure what year)
It could take years for it to get built though (maybe 5-7?)
Look it up in this forum and see how it impacts your view
Also, South side units have no balconies, do you want to buy no balconies after COVID? Most people will look for a balcony in their condos nowadays
thanks! I just looked up Mirvish Gehry towers - seems that pre-sale starts in 2028 so I assume construction will be done in ~2035? https://mirvishandgehry.ca/

I'm also not sure if southwest corner unit's view will be blocked, as the Prince of Wales theater will remain and the two towers to be constructed are just right beside Pearl Street (which is very narrow)...is there any way to determine the potential block?

Back