News   Apr 18, 2024
 666     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 5.9K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.4K     4 

parliamentary tradition ignored, Kormos says re Liberals

Re: No silencing the NDPMcGuinty Liberals will rue the day i

I heard Dwight Duncan on CBC radio today talking about energy. He was busy blasting the NDP (not the Tories) about their energy policies (from over 10 years ago) and platforms for much of his talk, calling them childish names like "those bozos".

The Liberals have become sore winners, trying to marginalize the NDP as much as possible. I voted NDP (I really disliked Tony Clement and the PCs, and was not happy with the Liberal candidate for my riding (who was very weak and uninformed) . The treatment of the NDP in the legislature is an insult to democracy, and especially to the 15 percent of voters who voted NDP.

I had hope for the Liberals, but not that much anymore.

I didnt like McGuinty from the start, I thought we could have had a better leader of the Liberals, and my opinion of him gets lower everyday.

I like the Liberals, but I thought McGuinty was a bad choice to lead the party as well.

A monkey could have been heading the Liberal party and they would have won.

Re: No silencing the NDP

McGuinty only became leader because of the "Anybody but Kennedy" mentality at the Liberal leadership convention back in 1996 or 1997. Many were afraid that Gerard Kennedy, a left Liberal, would have won the leadership. Kennedy used to be the head of the Daily Bread Food Bank.

McGuinty just managed to pass through the voting rounds until he was left with Kennedy in the final vote. McGuinty got in almost by a fluke.

Had Kennedy become leader, it would be very interesting indeed. I'd wonder what would have happened to the NDP.

Back