2.5K     1 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 964     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.6K     3 

Ontario Northland/Northern Ontario Transportation

Last edited:
^ I'd trade Bloomington
Having just visited Bloomington this past weekend, I see why Bloomington was not chosen as a stop. The station track ends just beyond the North end of the platform. If the Northlander were to stop at Bloomington, the station track would need to be tied back into the main north of the station.

Having just visited Bloomington this past weekend, I see why Bloomington was not chosen as a stop. The station track ends just beyond the North end of the platform. If the Northlander were to stop at Bloomington, the station track would need to be tied back into the main north of the station.
We build literal underground railways (subways). Doing a track tie-in is literally the easiest thing possible.

I’d remove Gormley and add Bloomington because that station has more protected parking (it’s a massive parking garage), and a more protected platform for people waiting.
I agree with Bloomington over Gormley. I mentioned the realitivly simple station track tie in as just a possible reason why they chose Gormley over Bloomington. ONR likely just didn't want to jump through the hoops CN would likely want for CN to construct the tie in.

I agree with Bloomington over Gormley. I mentioned the realitivly simple station track tie in as just a possible reason why they chose Gormley over Bloomington. ONR likely just didn't want to jump through the hoops CN would likely want for CN to construct the tie in.
Would it have been that much to do?

What a bloody moan. Complaining about fare evasion on the GO. let’s compare subsidy per passenger / per passenger mile even with evasion and see who is the burden on whom.

Back