News   Apr 24, 2024
 980     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 627     0 

Ontario Line Extension West of Ontario Place (Speculation)

extensions to the DRL would be possible, but extending a subway that is tunneled within a heavily urbanized area (bloor/pape + queen/university) is much harder than to extend an elevated or at grade line within what is essentially a large construction site for the foreseeable future (the ex + don mills/eglinton). Construction delays are unpopular and drl extensions would have seen downtown and the danforth get ripped up twice.

Within the areas in question, the O/L is also tunnelled.

Danforth would not have ripped up twice any more than Line 1 and 2 extensions ripped up the same spots twice; besides which, the tail tracks for Pape/Danforth station were well to the north of Danforth.

Really, we don't need to litigate your (or my) preferences again.

We do need to have posters stop arguing for their preference with non-facts, and made-up arguments that don't serve their cause. This is that.

Really, we don't need to litigate your (or my) preferences again.

We do need to have posters stop arguing for their preference with non-facts, and made-up arguments that don't serve their cause. This is that.
Is this condescension really necessary? So far as I could tell we were having an amicable discussion but apparently even the slightest amount of decency is far beyond your patience levels. Misery loves company but I won't be it.
ol_2106_westsegmentmap.jpg

The tail tracks at exhibition (which is what one builds an extension off of in case that was not clear) are at grade, as I said.
olta_north_segment_maps_mx_engage_science_centre_20220204_final.png

The tail tracks and station at Science Centre station are elevated, as I said. Osgoode and Pape Station being tunneled are not relevant to future extensions as they are not the terminuses, which was literally my whole point.

Is this condescension really necessary? So far as I could tell we were having an amicable discussion but apparently even the slightest amount of decency is far beyond your patience levels. Misery loves company but I won't be it.

I don't think it was particularly condescending, but it was impatient.

I don't think your argument makes any sense at all, because it precludes the fundamental notion that the DRL could have gone further north during construction, which I've outlined, clearly, with real-world examples, several times. The DRL was not limited to stopping at Pape.

You either did not read what I wrote, or did not understand what I wrote, regardless you failed to address it.

You're welcome to prefer the Ontario Line as a concept, I disagree (for reasons that have been gone over ad nauseum).

I asked that we not re litigate and that you simply accept a correction I made (to a different poster, who I'm friends with) .
But you refuse to move on, you come back again and again as if repetition adds value to your preference. It does not, and it reads as insulting.

I'm widely known here, as one of the nicest and friendliest posters here, I will debate people with whom I very much disagree, so long as I find the tone respectful and the debate useful.
When I see someone unwilling to just 'move on' and who insists on repeating their argument which I feel holds no water, I am indeed inclined to impatience. I don't think that's at all indecent.

Now, I am leaving this thread again, which is a loss for many of you since I have knowledge on this project from people working on it, and am happy to share. However, I leave this thread as I do most subway extension threads, because people spend their time endless arguing for their favourite lines on a map and treating their armchair quarterback information as fact. Its rather exhausting to endure, and I have better things to do.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Okay the Ontario Line is being built so people preferring the OL or the DRL is pretty academic at this point. This thread is supposed to be abut Ontario Line extension.

giphy.gif

Okay the Ontario Line is being built so people preferring the OL or the DRL is pretty academic at this point. This thread is supposed to be abut Ontario Line extension.

Agreed, the problem is that there won't be one west of CNE for a very, very long time, as such people bring other things into the thread, because there is no on-point news.

Back