One Bloor East Condos (Great Gulf Homes) - Real Estate -

I heard there will be no amenities or balconies access for about another year! It may be December of 2018 then. I never heard of such significant delays, the entire building is still like a construction zone after been occupied for almost a year.
And elevators still do not work properly.

I heard there will be no amenities or balconies access for about another year! It may be December of 2018 then. I never heard of such significant delays, the entire building is still like a construction zone after been occupied for almost a year.
And elevators still do not work properly.

Where did you hear that? T was supposed to be by the end of 2017. Also, if it does take them till Dec 2018 then I'm sure there will be lawsuits.

The balconies look like they're almost done though.

It is all unofficial. I think an official update about the delays from management/board/builder is long overdue as situation like that is unusual.

Hi - not sure if this is the right place to ask but wanted to give it a shot - the second washroom in my unit has had a lingering musty/sewage smell that comes and goes for over a year now and I've been trying to figure out the source for awhile with no luck. The smell is usually quite contained in the washroom. Every plumber says to clear the drains and run the taps (to fill up the traps since it is a guest washroom that sees relatively less use) which I've done but the smell still persists.

I can't pinpoint exactly where it's coming from but my best guess is near the bottom of the toilet or perhaps there's an issue with the piping or ventilation? Does anyone who's lived in the building have a similar experience? I'm not a big fan of the toilets they installed - the one in the master bathroom had to be replaced recently because it started leaking. I'm thinking one reason could be an issue with the seal on the toilet that's causing the smell but there are no leakages so I'd rather not take the risk of taking it out to check.

Would really appreciate any input or advice on this!

Hi - not sure if this is the right place to ask but wanted to give it a shot - the second washroom in my unit has had a lingering musty/sewage smell that comes and goes for over a year now and I've been trying to figure out the source for awhile with no luck. The smell is usually quite contained in the washroom. Every plumber says to clear the drains and run the taps (to fill up the traps since it is a guest washroom that sees relatively less use) which I've done but the smell still persists.

I can't pinpoint exactly where it's coming from but my best guess is near the bottom of the toilet or perhaps there's an issue with the piping or ventilation? Does anyone who's lived in the building have a similar experience? I'm not a big fan of the toilets they installed - the one in the master bathroom had to be replaced recently because it started leaking. I'm thinking one reason could be an issue with the seal on the toilet that's causing the smell but there are no leakages so I'd rather not take the risk of taking it out to check.

Would really appreciate any input or advice on this!
Have you spoken to the Property Manager about it? I too had a sewer smell but it turned out to be slime buildup on the sink drain in the washroom. I bought a nice little drain snake with a brush at the end from Canadian Tire. It's been OK ever since. If that doesn't clear your problem, then it is possible the toilet flange isn't sealed properly to the drain.

Back