News   Apr 25, 2024
 606     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 505     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 752     0 

November 2020 US Election

There are many definitions of intelligence:

Some would say a person is intelligent if they are endowed with knowledge and wisdom

Others would say someone is intelligent if they get what they want.

I would say that there are two fundamental problem-solving paradigms:

The first is a boundless philosophy. You and I can gain resources. You and I can lose resources.

The second paradigm is a zero-sum philosophy. If there are x amount of resources I gain more at your expense and you gain more at my expense.

Neither of these philosophies are correct survival strategies, their relative merit is generated by the context.

Beauty is, of course, subjective.

But I would say the mountainous portion of the State (west side) can be drop-dead gorgeous.

But 'plains/prairie' part can be exceedingly dull.

An example of the latter: (from streetview)
View attachment 281077

The former, on the other hand: (also Streetview)

View attachment 281078

It's been a number of years but, yes, the mountainous west is indeed quite stunning. It, plus Idaho and Washington are worth the drive.

Beauty is, of course, subjective.

But I would say the mountainous portion of the State (west side) can be drop-dead gorgeous.

But 'plains/prairie' part can be exceedingly dull.

An example of the latter: (from streetview)

The former, on the other hand: (also Streetview)

Though I'd find both scenes to be "dull" from a highway-driving standpoint. (Sort of how its going through the mountains doesn't make the Coquihalla in BC any less dull in my books)

And conversely, prairie/plains states can actually be quite "interesting" to drive through if one's into ghost towns and "blue highways" and the like.

Between taking the Coquihalla from Kamloops to Hope, and taking the "old road" from Edmonton to Calgary (that is, deliberately going through the Wetaskawins and Ponokas and Oldses and Didsburys rather than bypassing the same), I'd rather do the latter.

It's amazing how Trump thinks that there would be such widespread fraud that wherein they can overturn thousands (if not tens of thousands) of votes. I have scrutinized multiple elections here in Canada and while you can usually find a few questionable ballots, there are never thousands of them.

Why do I get the feeling Trump will be carried out on Jan 20th?

He might even be carried out sooner, after keeling over on the toilet, Elvis-style.

I think the game plan by GOP is to try to undermine the Biden Presidency.

The closer then expected result and losses in the house and Senate going GOP likely already has weakened Biden's mandate as President than an Obama like Landslide.

Trump does the work of sowing fears and misinformation and many on the right are going to believe fraud took place in this election especially as many states are going to be decided by less than 1%.

Anyone thinking America is entering new dawn on Jan 21st, 2021 should see we are heading for a repeat of the Obama years with tensions lifted up to the extreme now.

Well, Toronto Chef, and Top Chef Canada judge Mark McEwan had decided he has nothing better to do than dig himself big holes.........

In a now deleted Tweet he apparently slammed Biden for proposing to raise taxes; this in reply to a pro-Biden Tweet from American Chef David Chang whose Momofuko empire has an outpost here.

I think the game plan by GOP is to try to undermine the Biden Presidency.
I agree, and they have to do it before the two Senate runoffs in Georgia this January. If the GOP lose, they lose control of the Senate. And Georgians know they’re the king maker and may want to be on the President‘s side for pork.

Though will the GOP have the stomach to undermine Biden, particularly in the aftermath of whatever form the Trump exit winds up taking? They could just as well opt for the back-to-the-future of bipartisan dealmaking...

Though will the GOP have the stomach to undermine Biden, particularly in the aftermath of whatever form the Trump exit winds up taking? They could just as well opt for the back-to-the-future of bipartisan dealmaking...

It depends. If the democrats pick up the Georgia Senate seats they won't have a choice. That would put them at 50 seats with Kamala Harris as the tie breaker and biden holding a veto.

They might want to, but I doubt their base will let them taken as a whole. It might be more useful getting individual Rs (particularly those who are are beholden to the Trumpists) to break rank

AoD

It depends. If the democrats pick up the Georgia Senate seats they won't have a choice. That would put them at 50 seats with Kamala Harris as the tie breaker and biden holding a veto.

Let's hope this happens so that Biden will actually be able to implement some progressive proposals.

Back