News   Mar 28, 2024
 427     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 377     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 730     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

The tier system has failed. Regional shutdowns don't work. It's like playing a never ending game of whack-a-mole.

Maybe not in the UK but in Ontario it would. I mean you can fit the UK inside Ontario multiple times and Northern Ontario is pretty much out of reach for most of Ontario.

Nobody in the GTA is going to drive 16 hours to Thunder Bay for the fun of it. Short of a Pickering Nuclear going critical there is no reason someone from Toronto would purposely drive to Thunder Bay.

However regional differences in the GTHA/Golden Horseshoe are a whole ‘nother thing.

It seems a stage two of some kind is sustainable but a stage three is not.

I’m still not getting why Ontario seems to be rushing back to loosening restrictions. The Provincial health team claimed evidence that we are not currently tracking explosive growth; however, they haven’t presented any evidence as far as I know that the wave has reached it’s apex.

well i am glad we dont have to be stuck in a small apartment by force but I do agree they are to soon to open bars.

It seems a stage two of some kind is sustainable but a stage three is not.

I’m still not getting why Ontario seems to be rushing back to loosening restrictions. The Provincial health team claimed evidence that we are not currently tracking explosive growth; however, they haven’t presented any evidence as far as I know that the wave has reached it’s apex.

In Ottawa the message has been bars and gyms are the main issue with cases and schools are not the issue the data that came out this week

Grocery/Retail 1%
Bars/Restaurants 2%
Gyms/Sports 5%
Schools/Day Care 39%

Well, a kid in my youngest daughter's class tested positive, so my wife has to stay home and we are all getting tested tomorrow morning.

Slovakia is testing 100% of their population (5.45 million) and a friend there sent me a copy of his "Certificate". He can, apparently, use it to travel between districts.
sv.jpg

Ontario is reporting 948 cases of #COVID19. Locally, there are 315 new cases in Toronto, 269 in Peel, 81 in York Region and 64 in Ottawa. There are 826 more resolved cases and over 27,900 tests completed.

Ontario is reporting 948 cases of #COVID19. Locally, there are 315 new cases in Toronto, 269 in Peel, 81 in York Region and 64 in Ottawa. There are 826 more resolved cases and over 27,900 tests completed.

Every day over 900 - will this ever end?

Well, a kid in my youngest daughter's class tested positive, so my wife has to stay home and we are all getting tested tomorrow morning.
Any difficulty getting the test? I had what might have been bronchitis a few weeks ago and it was nigh-on impossible to get a test once they moved to appointments. They booked up within minutes after 8am.

That was the case in my area too, but it seems to have settled in the last week with both tests and results happening quickly.

Back