News   Apr 25, 2024
 173     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 339     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 533     0 

News on retail chains (was: New Mall Retail)

KFC gotta be a money laundering business, because I don’t know a single person who eats KFC and the locations near me have been around for years and are always empty lol.
I thought that was Burger King. Whenever I have been in a BK, there is usually no one inside but staff.

Even on Mondays or Fridays? I’ve heard those are ghost towns no matter what’s available.

My kids love Popeyes. My friend is a lead in Popeyes franchise expansion and says it’s going gangbusters.
Even on Mondays and Fridays the McDonald's are busier than any of the other food court outlets, and those are mostly young professionals lining up (or rather, waiting for their number to be called after they ordered through the app).

Not only are the OnRoute locations quite inflated in price, the quality of the food is often quite poor. Training and standards seem to be rock bottom as there is not much reliance on repeat business.

Not only are the OnRoute locations quite inflated in price, the quality of the food is often quite poor. Training and standards seem to be rock bottom as there is not much reliance on repeat business.
I recall a few times I’d order a second breakfast hash brown at the OnRoute drive through and I’d drive away only to see that they’d bagged just one. So the last time I ordered at the window I asked, as I always do, are there two hashbrowns in that bag? They said yes, and I replied, before you give me that bag, show me the two hashbrowns. And you know those bastards didn’t pack the second one. With no one behind me in line, I pulled a Karen, and asked for the boss, to which I said this is theft, you charge me an extra $2 or whatever, and do this a hundred times a day, knowing that the now on the highway customer can’t return, and you’ve made an extra $200 pure profit. Of course our pimply sh#t doesn‘t benefit, unless he’s eating my hash brown. But it’s theft either through neglect or intent. So, every time I go through drive through, if I ask for a second hashbrown, I make them check before they pass me the bag.

Ah, good point. I haven‘t knowingly bought a bottle of Pepsi products or any soda for that matter in years, and the only chips we buy are the giant bags of Cape Cod brand at Costco.

On another topic, my young adult kids have never had a Big Mac, and haven‘t eaten at McDonalds since they were little kids and we’d stop for the five-pack (that’s six less the Dad tax) McNuggets. I can’t imagine McDonalds is going to do well in the coming decades, outside of breakfast. And who the heck is still eating at KFC?
McDonald's is doing quite well from what I see. They just can't seem to hire enough people to keep up with online/mobile app orders that flood in.

McDonald's is definitely not struggling, no. I can count on one hand the number of times I've been to a location where there wasn't a huge lineup; though it does move fairly swiftly.

McDonald's is definitely not struggling, no. I can count on one hand the number of times I've been to a location where there wasn't a huge lineup; though it does move fairly swiftly.
Agreed, their locations always seem quite busy.

Underseasoned as in too little salt? I have never had fried chicken that I thought was lacking in sodium!

KFC gotta be a money laundering business, because I don’t know a single person who eats KFC and the locations near me have been around for years and are always empty lol.
I had Jollibee last weekend and found it to be surprisingly bland. I figured a Filipino chain would offer at least somewhat interesting flavour. Had KFC a few days later and preferred its taste...

Back