News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.2K     4 

News from the Middle East

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canada, allies begin withdrawing troops from Iraq amid U.S.-Iran standoff

Lee Berthiaume The Canadian Press
Published Tuesday, January 7, 2020 11:39AM EST

So, I guess Israel will have another election with the same results,causing more deadlock and forcing the cycle to continue.

Qatar 2022 World Cup migrant workers went 'unpaid for months' — Amnesty

Migrant workers on a construction project for a FIFA World Cup stadium in Qatar were not paid for up to seven months, according to human rights organization Amnesty International.

Around 100 workers of Qatari subcontractor, Qatar Meta Coats (QMC), are still waiting to be paid in full, Amnesty said Thursday. Some workers had received partial payment after the rights group reported the case to Qatar's authorities and world football's governing body FIFA.

The laborers, from countries including Ghana, Kenya, Nepal and the Philippines, were contracted by the Qatari company for facade work on the Al-Bayt stadium.

How about some posts about ongoing enslavement of Africans in the Arab world?

Seems like a topic du jour.

How about some posts about ongoing enslavement of Africans in the Arab world?

Seems like a topic du jour.
Out of sight, out of mind!

Also I swear there has to be some racism of low expectations shaped by years of MENA cultural filtering via the Western-involved conflicts plus a general public sympathetic exhaustion that's happening here.

Fun fact: the largest contingent of non-American Parler users is supporters of the Saudi crown prince:

Looks like Islamophobes on Parler (and it's extremely popular with those who are openly Islamophobic) have to co-exist with supporters of the Saudi crown prince.

Iranian Arms, Fighters Bolster Maduro Dictatorship in Venezuela, U.S. Says
Top U.S. military commander for Central and South America cites ‘alarming and concerning’ presence of elite Quds Force

WASHINGTON—Iran has sent arms and dispatched paramilitary operatives to help Venezuela President Nicolás Maduro maintain his hold on power, the top U.S. military commander for Central and South America said Wednesday.

“We see a growing Iranian influence in there,” Adm. Craig Faller, the head of the U.S. Southern Command, told reporters, citing the “alarming and concerning” presence of military personnel from the elite Quds Force of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps. Tehran has used the force to support Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and other foreign allies and proxies.

Iran’s and Venezuela’s missions to the United Nations didn’t immediately respond to requests for comment.

Iran is just one U.S. adversary backing the embattled Venezuela leader. Thousands of Cubans have been “basically owning” the country’s intelligence service and guard force that protects Mr. Maduro, Adm. Faller said. Hundreds of Russians have also been instrumental in providing support to “keep key elements of Maduro’s military just ready enough" he added.

Saudi Arabia becomes the largest outside shareholder of Nintendo with 8.26% of the shares

Saudi Arabia also owns a stake in Activision-Blizzard, Electronic Arts, Take-Two Interactive, and a few other major video game companies.

Hamas with an extraordinary assault on Israel, over 2,000 rockets

Initially, over 40 dead in Israel with hundreds more injured; at least one Israeli soldier killed and one or more taken hostage.

Retaliation in full swing with at least 198 Palestinians dead, and counting.

1696693116124.png

taken from:

Additional info incoming.

There has been a physical invasion of Israel; 22 Israeli towns currently 'occupied' by enemy forces. Israel has declared war. This is the first time it has done so since 1973.

Death toll of Israelis appears to be in the low hundreds now, maybe higher, as multiple civilian targets were assaulted.

Sigh....just what the world needed.

Additional info incoming.

There has been a physical invasion of Israel; 22 Israeli towns currently 'occupied' by enemy forces. Israel has declared war. This is the first time it has done so since 1973.

Death toll of Israelis appears to be in the low hundreds now, maybe higher, as multiple civilian targets were assaulted.

Sigh....just what the world needed.
I don’t suggest going to seek out these videos, but from what I’ve seen/heard the death toll is wayyy higher.

IDF has now admitted that some senior commanders were killed. Multiple military bases were overrun and it seems like everyone in them was slaughtered before the even left their barracks. Also reports of Hamas militants entering bomb shelters and either killing or taking people hostage.

Israel is currently saying over 100 dead and 1000 injured but I would not be at all surprised if the real death toll is already pushing 1000. This is by far the most horrific outbreak of violence in Israel since 1973. This, as well as the conflict in Azerbaijan and the risk of conflict in Kosovo are all a direct result of the destabilizing effect of the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

I don’t suggest going to seek out these videos, but from what I’ve seen/heard the death toll is wayyy higher.

I just put out the confirmed numbers as they were stated by media, at the time. Fog of War will be a thing.

That said, I have some fairly direct info, and I concur, the numbers are much higher than stated thus far.

IDF has now admitted that some senior commanders were killed. Multiple military bases were overrun and it seems like everyone in them was slaughtered before the even left their barracks. Also reports of Hamas militants entering bomb shelters and either killing or taking people hostage.

I'm not sure on numbers of soldiers killed and circumstances, but I am fairly certain that 3 bases were physically assaulted. (as opposed to bombarded)

This is a catastrophic failure on the part of Israeli intelligence. Just how did an assault on this scale slip past the revered Mossad??

I don't understand what the strategic aim of this attack is either, because its akin to poking a hornets nest. The retaliation will be swift and brutal. I expect we'll see a full scale re-occupation of Gaza and Hamas to be completely wiped out once and for all.

not trying to spread superstitious believes. i have an Indian friend, his father is an Astrologer and i asked him in January what 2023 has to offer for the world and he predicted alot of things that have been true so far. he mentioned "A war starting in October/November" and "alot of middle eastern countries getting involved" in it, will last for years.

he also said about Biden, dont see him in "New Year eve of 2024"

i dont believe in this but alot things he said personal or related to the world has been true. :(

This is a catastrophic failure on the part of Israeli intelligence. Just how did an assault on this scale slip past the revered Mossad??

I don't understand what the strategic aim of this attack is either, because its akin to poking a hornets nest. The retaliation will be swift and brutal. I expect we'll see a full scale re-occupation of Gaza and Hamas to be completely wiped out once and for all.
Hamas wants hezbollah involved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back