Monde Condominiums (Great Gulf Homes) - Real Estate -

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Real Estate thread for Monde Condominiums by Great Gulf Homes on Queens Quay East between Sherbourne Common and Bonnycastle Street.

It'll be very interesting to see how they price this one ...

On one hand it's the first condo in the area ...

But on the other, wow, if the plan for this area (short term i.e. 5-7 years) with east bayfront lands by Hines go ahead it should be a very nice.
Moreover, just checked out the park i.e. Sherborne park north / south and sugar beach ... they're honestly amazing compared to just about anything in Toronto.
If I can say anything against them is that they seem in the middle of no where (less the corus building ... which really turned out a lot better then most make it out be).

Transit is another wildcard, very little transit exists today - most likely they're only be a bus for the short / medium term ... that may be OK but what frequencies will the TTC operate at.

Time will tell !

Anyone have info regarding this ? Have they want into sales yet ? Brokers preview or anything ?

How many people from this forum have actually bought at Monde? Have most people bought 2 or 1 bedroom?

Curious if sale prices have dropped a little seeing how they've clearly had a hard time selling ? Maybe the market hasn't reached that point i.e. where developers will drop prices!
What is the average price pre square foot in this building ?

Average $psf is $700 which means the tower suites are more than $700psf and the podium suites are less.

No wonder they're having problems selling !

I mean this is a signature project but they need to take the area into account. This is the start of a neighborhood, there's not much there yet.

so...I need your input. Monde looks like a good condo. Do you think it is a good deal with the current and future prices. I am planning to move into this area in a few years. I am not speculationg and trying to make money. My preference is just not to loose money. What do you think?

No, Monde is overpriced considering you will be one of the first to be living in this developing area (be prepared to live through years of construction), you're not on the water (there's another development planned between Monde and the water), and it is right next to the Gardiner.
The novel gang-plank balconies are not very practical and expensive if you decide to buy into the tower units.

If you absolutely love the building and are determined to live in this area, I would wait a little longer to buy at Monde as sales are extremely slow there and the hot condo market is starting to take a breather. I'm sure you can negotiate the purchase price, get some finish upgrades, discounts on parking/locker, etc.

For the prices they are asking per sq.ft. you could buy into much nicer and more established neighbourhoods.

so...I need your input. Monde looks like a good condo. Do you think it is a good deal with the current and future prices. I am planning to move into this area in a few years. I am not speculationg and trying to make money. My preference is just not to loose money. What do you think?

I'm in the exact same predicament....
I too want to move into this area and am considering a unit on a lower floor overlooking Sherbourne Common at about $600 a square foot. Does this seem like a reasonable price?
And should I be concerned there is less than 50% sold in the building? At what point would they start to build?

Back