News   Mar 28, 2024
 62     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 217     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 2.2K     1 

Mid Humber Gap Trail Study (City of Toronto)

Allandale25

Member Bio
Reaction score
Meeting coming up on this tomorrow. I don't think there's a thread for this.

Option 1A looks good to me but I haven't reviewed it in detail.

Screenshot_2021-06-09_174542.jpg

Meeting coming up on this tomorrow. I don't think there's a thread for this.

Option 1A looks good to me but I haven't reviewed it in detail.

View attachment 326537

I posted on it over here:

And you're right, 1A is the best of the bunch, and it isn't close.

Hallelujah. This gap is no less than a mile of terror.

The Devil is in the details.

Read the proposals.

Anything other than 1A won't be a great improvement.

Participate in the meeting and lobby for 1A!

Last edited:
Voted 1A, I love the trial but always cut it short when i got to weston. Just too unsafe, plus that one hill to get back up to the road is brutal.

I posted the slides from the presentation deck for this over in the Cycling Infra thread, here:

Correct thread! Great news. I will bring it forward for those lacking previews and the click-averse:

1658421751673.png

To offer some context; the Weston Golf Club is objecting to this route; and Holyday was their chief apologist.

There are some legitimate concerns around safety (trapping people in this trail segment due to the river and fencing) to which I would argue that the answer is gaps in the fence.........

Update:

Discussion in comments here:

Update:

Discussion in comments here:

Yah, nothing new here.

The Minister ordered a bumped up EA. There's not a great deal that can be said publicly about this at this time, suffice to say, the City is unimpressed.

I don't know if the City has considered a legal challenge to the Minister's order, or if they will move to comply, but this will hold it up either way.

Yah, nothing new here.

The Minister ordered a bumped up EA. There's not a great deal that can be said publicly about this at this time, suffice to say, the City is unimpressed.

I don't know if the City has considered a legal challenge to the Minister's order, or if they will move to comply, but this will hold it up either way.
Has been raised to the MPP's office, as when he was councilor, he supported the trail. Suspicion is that someone from the golf course went running to the province. The province has NEVER asked for this level of EA for any trail in Toronto before.

Any estimates how long an EA for this will take. If it's only a year delay the city should try to get it done as fast as possible.

Back