Member Bio
Reaction score
The Roger's Centre will always be the Skydome
The Bay/Sak's 5th Avenue downtown will always be Simpson's
College Park will always be Eaton's College Street

The Roger's Centre will always be the Skydome
The Bay/Sak's 5th Avenue downtown will always be Simpson's
College Park will always be Eaton's College Street
You may have problems being understood if you mix with younger folk! I assume you are still flying the Union Jack and singing God Save the King .

I think it's time that I reveal that I am 207 years old, and the only O'Keefe I know is Eugene O'Keefe who works at the bank but keeps prattling on (like everyone else) about buying a brewery. Eugene needs to put up or shut up.

Toronto will always be York
Bloor will always be that other brewer, but with the crazy eyes who can't even spell his name without adding that infuriating "e", and that street on the edge of nowhere near the old cemetery will always be Tollgate Road
Montgomery's will always be my favourite tavern en route back from fishing, until those idiots started shooting at each other and ruined it for everyone
Charles Berczy will always be Moll Junior, which frankly everyone can agree on how to pronounce
Armstrong, Beere and Hime will be always be the three most annoying men in Toronto, and they only got more tiresome when they bought that stupid camera

And why wouldn't I be flying the Union Jack and singing God Save the King?

St. Clair will always be the Third Concession.

Eglinton will always be the Fourth Concession.

Lawrence Avenue between the Humber and Jane will always be Dufferin Street.

Oakwood between Davenport and the Third Concession will always be Ossington.

Queen Street will always be Lot Street.

The Toronto Islands will always be the Island of Hiawatha.

North America will always be Turtle Island.

It seems like most mid-to-large cities in North America built a 2000+ civic auditorium in the 60s or 70s, often as part of a larger civic renewal project. How does the Sony Centre rank compared to its North American counterparts?

The Automotive Building will always be the Avtomotive Bvilding
However spelt or spelled, I wish they’d display automobiles in there. Why can’t the Toronto auto show be in there?

POSTCARD%2B-%2BTORONTO%2B-%2BEXHIBITION%2B-%2BPRINCES%2527%2BBOULEVARD%2B-%2BAERIAL%2B-%2BMOTOR%2BSHOW%2B-%2Bc1950.jpg

708bcc5057888bf099c657fcff834892--the-building-toronto.jpg

toronto-auto-show-1954.jpg

Last edited:

Back