News   Apr 19, 2024
 105     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 462     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 803     3 

'Martin promises new deal for cities'

If most Canadians don't want to follow the path he wants to take, then most Canadians will not vote for him... so if your assertion is true, he wont be PM for long.
nicetommy2002

OK- but, people made thier choice years ago. The people want Martin! And the voters are unwilling to revist that choice!
220 seat Martin majority!

Part of the problem the PC's have is thier best leader is leading the Libeals!

Voters unwilling to revisit the choice they made for Martin? Nobody elected Martin as Prime Minister. Martin, whether he admits it or not, goes against the values of the majority of Canadians. By taking control of the Liberal Party, Martin has eliminated any choice within that party.

But the media is tripping all over itself with its praise for Martin, and I find it difficult to understand. However, the coverage that Martin gets makes it looks like he has a lot of real support.

"However, the coverage that Martin gets makes it looks like he has a lot of real support."

He does. He's probably the most popular politician in the country.

"Martin, whether he admits it or not, goes against the values of the majority of Canadians"

I think you're basing that comment on your own opinions of Martin. If the majority of Canadians really felt that way, he wouldn't be as popular as he is right now with both Liberals and Conservatives. Polls show him riding high with all voters, except for the NDP'ers. Heck, he is even popular in the West. On election day, we'll see how Canadians really feel about Martin. I'm wagering he will win with a landslide majority.

Vive Le Parti Liberal :)

Yes, the polls all show support for Martin. I'll admit that. However, Canadians don't support greater ties with the US, polls "prove" that too. Canadians are concerned about social programs and are beyond the thirst for tax cuts and want spending restored, which Martin will probably not do. A lot of the support is very soft.

I think the support for Martin is high for three reasons:
They support the Liberal Party
They'll vote Martin because they are scared of the right-right wing (not so much the right-wing Martinites)
There has been a non-stop feed of pro-Martin stories from the news. The oppositon is frozen out, except when there is talks on a Conservative merger.

Hopefully Martin will surprise me, but I doubt it.

"However, Canadians don't support greater ties with the US, polls "prove" that too. Canadians are concerned about social programs and are beyond the thirst for tax cuts and want spending restored, which Martin will probably not do. A lot of the support is very soft."

From what I remember, I think polls show that most Canadians would favour greater ties with the US (whatever that means). And I think most Canadians see Martin as a fiscal conservative with a social conscience so they expect a certain level of commitment to social programmes. If Martin moves to far to the right, I am prepared to give my support to someone else and I hope other Canadians would as well... but who?

They'll vote Martin because they are scared of the right-right wing (not so much the right-wing Martinites)
THE RIGHT WING HAS WON!!!
:cheers: :D :tup:
So... people are afraid fo teh right wing...so they vote for teh right wing :wtf

It can be argued that Martin is further left than Mulroney or Wilson were. The Libeals ae very popualr for the policies tha thte PC's put in- and were reduced to 2 seats for doing so!

The importatn thing is tha tthe left has been frozen out form government. Oh, sure, the left will get Minister of Paper Clips. But the real - deal power of the purse strings? No way!:tup:

Back