Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grocery stores and "retail monopolies"

• Convenience stores and "retail monopolies"

• Grocery stores, convenience stores, pharmacies, and "retail monopolies"

• Total voters
Yep....turns out governing is hard....harder than promise making.

What is that, now, 3 fairly significant planks in the election platform that are delayed by the harsh realities of governing? (1. getting 25k refugees here by year end....2. getting our planes out of the war....3. legalizing pot).....I know that all parties running for office make promises and then deal with them later so this not a partisan "shot"...it just shocks me how easily the electorate takes these things on without critical thinking (again a non-partisan phenomenon)

Yeah, Like Jean Chretiens promise to eliminate the GST or Harpers promise to lower the GST by 2 points.

Treaty? You mean, we haven't broken any before, like Kyoto? When you have states down south actually legalizing marijuana, hiding behind the treaty argument is weak.

AoD

Apparently there's some treaties we need to get out of first........

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-legalizing-pot-global-treaties-1.3390745

The problem is the treaties themselves don't have a clause to allow signatories to leave, once your in, your in. But it doesn't matter anyways, since none of the treaties in question have any legal repercussions if we just simply ignore it. The only weapon the INCB has is public shame, and after ten years of Harper and four years of Rob Ford, I think we can brush off any shame the UN/INCB can throw at us. :rolleyes:

Back