King East Condos (Lamb Development, Hyde Park, Sher Corp ) - Real Estate -

Thanks for the posts guys and gals. I've decided to pass on the 2 units. I find they're just a tad too high for pre-construction in that area. Not to say that they aren't priced adequately, there are some projects coming out that I'm more interested in. Closer to Younge St., better investment. $350K for a 1 bed with a ok view isn't worth it IMO.

Edit: Had a change of heart and bought a unit. LOL

Last edited:
LOL I read this post after your other post in the P&C forum and you threw me a loop! :)

OK, tell us... tell us... which unit did you choose?!

Great! So what made your decision?

It's a great choice and a very interesting living/dining/kitchen space.

Well, it was basically between that one and the Laviani suite.

What I liked:
Big Living/Dining Room
You don't have to walk through the kitchen to get to the living/bedroom
I like peninsula shaped kitchens. Most of the kitchens at East Lofts were linear
I like the separate shower

The only con is the view, it's on a low floor looking south. Clears the buildings infront of me, but if a condo's built there, my view is pretty much gone. I can live with that though.

Laviani has a much better view, a separate den and some may say a better layout. It was also much more than the Goetz. More than I was willing to spend. I do think I'd make more money off of it when it does come time to sell it.

With all that said, I've always liked Brad Lamb buildings and think this one's going to be a beauty. Nice finishes, good quality, no ammenities (low fees). Plus I've spoken with a number of people who think King East is a great up and coming area. Builder is asking for everyone to provide mortgage approvals so I think construction will start sooner rather than later.

Well, it was basically between that one and the Laviani suite.

What I liked:
Big Living/Dining Room
You don't have to walk through the kitchen to get to the living/bedroom
I like peninsula shaped kitchens. Most of the kitchens at East Lofts were linear
I like the separate shower

The only con is the view, it's on a low floor looking south. Clears the buildings infront of me, but if a condo's built there, my view is pretty much gone. I can live with that though.

Laviani has a much better view, a separate den and some may say a better layout. It was also much more than the Goetz. More than I was willing to spend. I do think I'd make more money off of it when it does come time to sell it.

With all that said, I've always liked Brad Lamb buildings and think this one's going to be a beauty. Nice finishes, good quality, no ammenities (low fees). Plus I've spoken with a number of people who think King East is a great up and coming area. Builder is asking for everyone to provide mortgage approvals so I think construction will start sooner rather than later.

Congratulations Jay! I was actually contemplating buying your unit on the 3rd floor last week.. I already bought one last year and I think this is a great project and wanted to buy another one, but decided not to last minute... I am thinking about buying into the new Sync Lofts by Streetcar instead... Still I think this is a good buy! Congratulations

On an earlier post, has any one booked their appointment for colour selection? Also, are there upgrades? I was under the impression that there were no upgrades and that the standard were the "upgrades"? It has been a couple of years and things have changed since then.

There are upgrades. The email says that you must bring your checkbook to color selection.

The standard features from what I remember are pretty nice so I doubt I'll be getting any upgrades.

Booked my colour selection appointment. I was also able to take a look at some of the finishes. There are a lot of upgrades.

Anyone pick their finishes yet?

So I had my colour selection...The standard finishes are quite nice....you have about 4-5 options each. Upgrade prices are pretty crazy as usual.....but there are a LOT of upgrades. You can upgrade just about anything.

So I've seen the selection of finishes and the standard ones are pretty good, and there are about 100 upgrade options. I've taken some pics of the selections but not sure if I am allowed to post them so I'll find out about it.

So I've seen the selection of finishes and the standard ones are pretty good, and there are about 100 upgrade options. I've taken some pics of the selections but not sure if I am allowed to post them so I'll find out about it.

Did you get any upgrades?

I had a tough time picking the bathroom finishes. I wish the white was more of a stark white and less of a creamy white.

It wasn't for my selection, mine is coming up on 19th so I had a bit of a preview. :) I am wondering what to do in the bathroom, might choose different cabinet setup.

Did you get any upgrades?

I had a tough time picking the bathroom finishes. I wish the white was more of a stark white and less of a creamy white.

So I've had my selection today and picked upgrade tiles for the floor in the bathroom. I am satisfied with my selections. :) Also I will post pics of the finishes later.

Back