News   Mar 28, 2024
 90     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Jasonzed - Jason Zytynsky Tribute and Photography Award

Hi Karen,

This is the one off Living Arts Drive and Burnhamthorpe in Mississauga and not the one in downtown Toronto, correct? I want to be there for the dedication. I think of Jason often when flying and miss seeing his great images.
Yes Mississauga and absolutely would love for you and anyone else who wishes to come... to join in. I miss him terribly as well. It has been very difficult. I promise to keep you posted as soon as something is decided. I hope to have it in October when the leaves are still changing and the fall flowers are out. I have not been there but had asked for something in that area. And they approved the bench in the gardens. Some of his photos hang on the walls in City Hall. :)

Just saw this today and this makes me so sad. I would always go to mississauga related threads highly anticipating his drone photos, knowing almost certainly that any updates in those threads would be his.

This hits me particularly hard because this is the second person today who I saw presumably pass before their time. I'll abstain from speculation but the amount of people I've seen pass away since the beginning of this pandemic breaks my heart.

My 15 year old brother passed away in the fall and I inherited his drone and was meaning to reach out to Jason and ask for tips and info about flying over populated areas, very sad I didn't and will never have the chance to.

My sincerest condolences to his family and friends, having gone through something like this, my heart aches for all the people he knew and touched in his life and I know words can never really describe things like this, but nevertheless may he rest in peace.
Hello there. Thank you for your post and apologies for my delay. I am very sorry to hear of your brother's passing as well. It is just so difficult, isn't it Jason was truly kind and generous and loved this site. Thank you for your post.

He was even a habs fan! Clearly he was the best of the best. And I dont say this in jest (my love of the habs is well documented). Jason seemed like an absolutely incredible person and his contribution to this community is something that can never be matched. Having lost my drone loving brother to mental illness and suicide this year my heart goes out to you and your whole family and I hope you can find some peace and comfort, and thank you for sharing, I have an idea of just how difficult it can be ❤
hey there... I am just re reading your posts... ya too bad he was not around to see how far the Habs got eh?? Thank you again for your comforting words. Don't forget to watch the service via web on Sunday 3 pm at https://funeraweb.tv/en/diffusions/35506

@Jodiezed I am a moderator at a popular Montreal skyscraper site called mtlurb.com. We also have threads about outside Montreal including T.O. and Mississauga where Jason was very active. Here are some threads. I am very sorry for your loss. He was very loved by the mtlurb.com community and we always looked forward to his drone posts.

Here is his user page ( I am not sure if you need to register to have access)
Hi there.. I wanted to let you know that we are holding are service for Jason at Mount Royal Funeral complex on Sunday. Viewing is from 1 to 3 but the service at 3 is at capacity but can be watched via web at https://funeraweb.tv/en/diffusions/35506. Hopefully you can join in or attend the viewing. Let me know either way .

Karen,

That was a wonderful memorial to Jason. I think Jason felt like a twin to many people. Thank you for including us at the Urban Toronto community in the memorial. Please keep us posted about the bench dedication and take care of Kaution. I suspected there was a story behind the elephant but didn't know it until watching the memorial.

I really regret not making more of an effort to fly with him, particularly when we got our Phantom4s around the same time.

PS, I've forgiven him for being a Habs fan :)

Hey everyone, it's been a little while since we last looked in on memorializing Jasonzed, but his sister Karen now has confirmation when a bench will be installed in the Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee Gardens in Mississauga's City Hall forecourt area, and a date has been set for the dedication service. Please hold Sunday, June 5 for that, and come by between 1 and 2:30 PM. There will be refreshments, a few words, and we will be announcing an award named in Jason's honour at the event. If you want to re-read the front page story we put together about Jason as a reminder, you will find it here.

I will be there and I am looking forward to honouring Jason's memory.

For anyone who would like to reread the front page tribute we published last year, it is here.

It would be good to see people at the dedication on Sunday, 1 PM in the Jubilee Garden right in front of Mississauga City Hall. If you're coming, maybe drop a note here to say so? Of course, you can just show up…

We are thinking of heading to a place afterwards to chat longer. Anyone who lives in the area have a recommendation? Searching "Pub" on Google Maps doesn't turn up anything one can walk to in a couple of minutes. Maybe there's a place in Square One that would make sense? Please put suggestions in this thread!

Craig

Hi Craig,
I'm still planning on attending. Not sure yet if it will be just me or if the wife and little one will be with me so that may impact my ability to socialize afterward. Square One might be the best bet unless @khaldoon, @sixrings or @drum118 can recommend something.

I am out of town until Thursdays to check on a few places around City Hall for a met. There is 3 locations I know of and want to make sure which one would be the best one

Hey everyone, it's been a little while since we last looked in on memorializing Jasonzed, but his sister Karen now has confirmation when a bench will be installed in the Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee Gardens in Mississauga's City Hall forecourt area, and a date has been set for the dedication service. Please hold Sunday, June 5 for that, and come by between 1 and 2:30 PM. There will be refreshments, a few words, and we will be announcing an award named in Jason's honour at the event. If you want to re-read the front page story we put together about Jason as a reminder, you will find it here.

Hello Craig and thanks for reaching out to everyone. Yes, I has been a while since I too reached out. This year has been a whirlwind and I still struggle with the loss of Jason as many of us do. It would be wonderful to meet some of Jason's brothers and sisters of this community for those who can attend. :) Without all of you who had responded... getting through the months that followed his death would have been that much more unbearable!

For anyone who would like to reread the front page tribute we published last year, it is here.

It would be good to see people at the dedication on Sunday, 1 PM in the Jubilee Garden right in front of Mississauga City Hall. If you're coming, maybe drop a note here to say so? Of course, you can just show up…

We are thinking of heading to a place afterwards to chat longer. Anyone who lives in the area have a recommendation? Searching "Pub" on Google Maps doesn't turn up anything one can walk to in a couple of minutes. Maybe there's a place in Square One that would make sense? Please put suggestions in this thread!

Craig
Jason loved hanging out at the C Cafe but I can't get through to the restaurant. I only ever get a busy signal and regardless its Sunday so probably closed. I will look as well.

Back