News   Mar 28, 2024
 341     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 356     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 704     0 

Jasonzed - Jason Zytynsky Tribute and Photography Award

@Jodiezed I just wanted to thank you for yesterday.

I was happy to see all the memorabilia including his drones. I really hope that his DJI Mini and Mini2 don't end up sitting in a box. If your kids don't fly them (hopefully they do!) I hope that you'll put at least one of them on display in your house. Jason was such a prolific flier and I really miss seeing his images.

Anyway, thank you so much for lunch yesterday and for thinking of and including the Urban Toronto community. I plan on taking some aerial shots of the bench with my drone and will post them here.
You are most welcome. Had I known my "speech" was to be aired I may have been better prepared LOL. I was quite stressed and feeling out of sorts, of course. Every day I learn more and more about Jason and all his videos and drone shots on Youtube... Instagram (I was never on) and UT. I was a lover of his still shots and have so many of them (that album you saw were his favorites). Yes his drones, horror movie memorabilia, his nature shots... Kaution.. all over the house. Thanks again for taking the time to come.

Last edited:
Craig that you so much for honouring Jason the way you did in announcing the award in his name. It was lovely meeting you all and enjoying a few drinks with you after as well. You have all warmed my heart once again.
Also waiting for your video of your contribution to the tribute.

You are most welcome. Had I known my "speech" was to be aired I may have been better prepared LOL. I was quite stressed and feeling out of sorts, of course.
…and yet your speech was exactly right; I think we were all pretty impressed. @Edward Skira did catch my couple-minute-long contribution, so I assume he'll upload it shortly!

Photos from Sunday:

IMG_2775.jpg
IMG_2776.jpg
IMG_2777.jpg
IMG_2781.jpg
IMG_2782.jpg
IMG_2783.jpg
IMG_2785.jpg
IMG_2786.jpg

Here I am at the event with as many "umms" as I could reasonably fit in within 4 minutes:

The net result is that in October we will be presenting the first Jason Zytynsky Award of $500 to an UrbanToronto contributor who has given selflessly to the life on this site, the way that Jasonzed did… and now that Karen Zytynsky has offered to fund another $500 a year, we'll be looking at either giving out two or more awards per year, or enriching a single one in some way. (It's always hard settling on a final course of action!)

Here I am at the event with as many "umms" as I could reasonably fit in within 4 minutes:

The net result is that in October we will be presenting the first Jason Zytynsky Award of $500 to an UrbanToronto contributor who has given selflessly to the life on this site, the way that Jasonzed did… and now that Karen Zytynsky has offered to fund another $500 a year, we'll be looking at either giving out two or more awards per year, or enriching a single one in some way. (It's always hard settling on a final course of action!)

Wonderful and heartwarming. It was so humbling to meet you four gentlemen! Jason was definitely smiling that captivating smile upon us!

We have just announced the first recipient of the Jasonzed Photography Award on our front page. Congratulations and thank you to Tim MacDonald, whom you will know as @bangkok, for his voluminous and eye-popping contributions to our Forum. Please give the link above a visit; both Tim/@bangkok and Karen Zytynsky/@Jodiezed have a number of thoughts on the occasion.

We handed out this year's Jasonzed Photography Award last week to @AlbertC, and you can read all about why, here!

A very deserving choice.

Congrats to @AlbertC

Back