Grand Central Mimico: The Buckingham (VANDYK) - Real Estate -

saichetan1991

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was wondering if any of your close followers of the project can recommend this to a prospective investor vs. another potential better development in Downtown? These are going for about 790k for a 675 sq.ft high floor. Appreciate your help!

Hi everyone, I was wondering if any of your close followers of the project can recommend this to a prospective investor vs. another potential better development in Downtown? These are going for about 790k for a 675 sq.ft high floor. Appreciate your help!
Depends on their priorities: are they looking for space, location or income generation?

For comparison, 800 grand buys you a smaller unit (500-550 sq.ft.) in the heart of downtown.

However, Mimico GO is only 10 or so minutes train ride away from Union. So if it were up to me, I would go for the larger unit.

But if they're looking to charge higher rents, a downtown unit will obviously bring in more.

Depends on their priorities: are they looking for space, location or income generation?

For comparison, 800 grand buys you a smaller unit (500-550 sq.ft.) in the heart of downtown.

However, Mimico GO is only 10 or so minutes train ride away from Union. So if it were up to me, I would go for the larger unit.

But if they're looking to charge higher rents, a downtown unit will obviously bring in more.

Thanks, @Undead .

Rate of appreciation is the top priority over long term (5-10 years). I know this can be hard to predict but based on the info available on this project, does it appear that a development like this in GCM would fetch good returns in comparison with a smaller DT unit?

Thanks, @Undead .

Rate of appreciation is the top priority over long term (5-10 years). I know this can be hard to predict but based on the info available on this project, does it appear that a development like this in GCM would fetch good returns in comparison with a smaller DT unit?
Every property everywhere in the city has grown like crazy in the last ten years. I don't think there would be much of a difference between this and downtown because they're both good locations. If you want to squeeze every last drop of price growth, downtown is probably better because it's close to all the jobs. But I'm not an expert so take my thoughts with a grain of salt :)

Back