News   Mar 28, 2024
 951     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 538     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 833     0 

GO Transit Electrification (Metrolinx, Proposed)

Sure if the mods can filter out all the useless and repetitive chatter about hydrogen

One better - all those posts has been wiped - and they are not coming back. Any further attempt to bring it into this particular thread again - absent actual and demonstrable movement specific to GO Transit - may lead to further, more decisive moderation.

MoD

There's no legend on this map but maybe I haven't looked hard enough at the materials.

cc @Northern Light

1658256435537.png

There's no legend on this map but maybe I haven't looked hard enough at the materials.

cc @Northern Light

View attachment 414578

Here's what you're looking for:

1658257328538.png

They did. Not the best pics but you can make it out.
Do OnCorr/Electrification have any plans to electrify the UPX?
This was supposed to be the first mainline rail to be electrified in the GTA, but I haven't heard an update in years.
I know the trains were supposed to be upgradeable from DMU to EMU, but I believe the supplier has shut down North American operations, so perhaps new trains would be needed.

That said, I really hope we don't give up on the UPX's direct service to T1 and turn it into a GO service to somewhere near the airport and then have a people-mover between YYZ and the GO station.

Do OnCorr/Electrification have any plans to electrify the UPX?
This was supposed to be the first mainline rail to be electrified in the GTA, but I haven't heard an update in years.
I know the trains were supposed to be upgradeable from DMU to EMU, but I believe the supplier has shut down North American operations, so perhaps new trains would be needed.

That said, I really hope we don't give up on the UPX's direct service to T1 and turn it into a GO service to somewhere near the airport and then have a people-mover between YYZ and the GO station.
last i heard upx is basically a low-priority its not even included in oncorr. rather the spur to pearson, the rest of the corridor will be though. i dont think even MX knows what they wanna do with the upx and the trainsets too

Back