1K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 562     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 851     0 

Ex-Economic Development Minister Cordiano joins Cityzen

M

Mike in TO

Ex-Economic Development Minister Cordiano joins Cityzen Development Group as partner

TORONTO, Nov. 16 /CNW/ - Cityzen Development Group today announced that former Ontario Economic Development and Trade Minister,the Honourable Joseph Cordiano has joined the company as a partner.

Cityzen is one of The Greater Toronto Area's most innovative condominium developers with projects such as the Absolute Community in Mississauga, London on the Esplanade, 88 On Broadway and The Essence to its credit. It iscurrently a partner in Aria on the former Bloorview McMillan Hospital lands at Leslie Street and Sheppard Avenue East.

"We are enormously pleased to make this announcement," says Sam Crignano, Cityzen Group partner. "Joe has won an admirable reputation as Economic Development and Trade Minister. He was responsible for bringing $7 billion in new investment by the automobile industry to the province during his three years as minister, an enormous achievement.

"He brings to us a depth of understanding of business, of the GTA's economic foundation and a breadth of contacts and experience that is unparalleled. In doing so he extends his own reach and capability significantly."

Mr. Cordiano will assume responsibility for sales and marketing of Cityzen projects, starting with Aria, in which the group is partners with Fernbrook Homes and Menkes Developments.

"I very much look forward to this new opportunity," Mr. Cordiano says." When I made the decision to retire from politics after 21 years as a member of the provincial legislature, the last three as a member of cabinet, I saw in Cityzen men and women with whom I shared some basic values.

"This new role offers me the opportunity to continue to play a hands-on role in shaping the future of the GTA and its current and future residents." Mr. Cordiano, 49, holds an MBA from Toledo University in Ohio and has considerable experience in business. Before entering politics he owned and operated a successful plastic manufacturing company. During his 18 years as an opposition MP, the last spent representing York South-Weston, he also operated Noram Logistics Inc. with his brother.

In September Mr. Cordiano resigned both his seat in the legislature andhis cabinet post.

"After more than two decades in public service as an elected official, I felt it was time to seek a change," he says. "At the same time I wanted new challenges and a role that would allow me to continue to contribute to the community, which has supported me for so many years."

View from L-Tower 15 June 2015

Last edited:

Back