Eight Forty on St. Clair (Worsley Urban) - Real Estate -

Hey there folks,
Some good news, We did have our inspection on floor 5! So they are moving along still.

I wasn't able to go as I was out of the country, my partner went and said that things looked pretty good. He did not get to see anything other than our unit ( no shared spaces, storage or anything like that ) but we didn't expect we would. Nothing to really report there.

Our unit was mostly in great shape! No real surprises or anything like what you hear in those terrifying articles about pre-builds, just a few minor adjustments. The biggest was that our microwave would blow the breaker whenever it was used and our fridge scraped the pantry when opened.

We are supposed to get keys on the 15th 🤞
Thanks Sarah. Did they say how they would fix the breaker?

They just delayed our PDI for a second time, by another week (just over one week before supposed occupancy; we'll see if they keep that date), again citing the trades strike, and again arbitrarily assigning a date/time to us. Starting to feel like we have to be available on call when we are ostensibly the clients.

They just delayed our PDI for a second time, by another week (just over one week before supposed occupancy; we'll see if they keep that date), again citing the trades strike, and again arbitrarily assigning a date/time to us. Starting to feel like we have to be available on call when we are ostensibly the clients.
Correct. I’m delayed now to August 25 from august 12. They blame trade strikes but trade strikes are over! Have been since they set the date. We are out of the country. I’m getting my lawyer involved. I just received an email with zero flexibility.

I just received my key today. The hallway was not yet finished but the unit looks good
I need two parking spots. Does anyone know how I can rent two spots in the building?

I just received my key today. The hallway was not yet finished but the unit looks good
I need two parking spots. Does anyone know how I can rent two spots in the building?
I need to rent 1. And I created a Facebook group for the building. I’m trying to get word out. Can you reach out to me? I am still waiting for my PDI.

Had our PDI yesterday morning and the unit looks great. A few upgrades (shower door, blinds) had not yet been installed, and there were some minor cosmetic issues that are expected in any new build. But our realtor said it was one of the cleanest PDI's she's seen.The common areas exceeded my expectations, too. For example, they carried the frittered motif on the pre-cast cladding through to the exterior door framing on each suite, and it looks fantastic. Little touches like that showed that somebody cared.

Had our PDI yesterday morning and the unit looks great. A few upgrades (shower door, blinds) had not yet been installed, and there were some minor cosmetic issues that are expected in any new build. But our realtor said it was one of the cleanest PDI's she's seen.The common areas exceeded my expectations, too. For example, they carried the frittered motif on the pre-cast cladding through to the exterior door framing on each suite, and it looks fantastic. Little touches like that showed that somebody cared.
Great. Question. Do you know how quickly they do things like shower door, blinds etc. what is the process?

Great. Question. Do you know how quickly they do things like shower door, blinds etc. what is the process?

No clue. These are included among the list of deficiencies for our unit, but I think they are unlikely to be resolved before our occupancy date (next Friday). We visited a second-floor unit at the conclusion of the PDI, where they process the paperwork, and blinds were installed there.

S
No clue. These are included among the list of deficiencies for our unit, but I think they are unlikely to be resolved before our occupancy date (next Friday). We visited a second-floor unit at the conclusion of the PDI, where they process the paperwork, and blinds were installed there.
Sorry another question. I have a delegate doing the pdi- does she get a copy of the form? Have you joined the Facebook group?

S

Sorry another question. I have a delegate doing the pdi- does she get a copy of the form? Have you joined the Facebook group?

I did the PDI myself, but assume delegates would receive a copy of the Tarion certificate and PDI documentation. I am not on Facebook, so cannot join the group.

My cousins move in date was this past weekend. I don’t have any photos however she had mentioned when she went for her PDI of her condo a couple weeks ago the lobby was being finished and she couldn’t move until the 29th/30th

Back