Toronto Eglinton Line 5 Crosstown West Extension | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Three light rail lines terminating at the Pearson Transit Hub? Eglinton Crosstown LRT west extension, Mississauga (whatever it will be called), and Finch West LRT extension? What about Brampton?

Three light rail lines terminating at the Pearson Transit Hub? Eglinton Crosstown LRT west extension, Mississauga (whatever it will be called), and Finch West LRT extension? What about Brampton?
Misleading Headline. There is no "Mississauga LRT" - the article specifically refers to the Eglinton Line.

To my knowledge, only one line has been actively slated to make it to Pearson: the EWCE. Finch has been talked about, but no one has even planned to get it to Woodbine, which is a logical simpler extension.

To my knowledge, only one line has been actively slated to make it to Pearson: the EWCE. Finch has been talked about, but no one has even planned to get it to Woodbine, which is a logical simpler extension.
They should make provision for light rail and bus expansion at the Pearson Transit Hub.

I'm sure the proposed Pearson Transit Hub does indeed have provisions for light rail and bus integration. If the airport is touting itself to be Union Station 2.0 then they really need to be cohesive with all modes of transit, and also with all transit agencies.

Someone posted this on the Pearson Transit Hub page, but this is a very preliminary sketch of what the hub could look like. It looks like regional trains at the lowest level with LRT-type vehicles the next level up.
ShortSection.jpg

I don't belive this was posted yet.

So based on this they have 2 tunnel contracts, 1 elevated portion contract and then 1 contract for the stations and remaining work. Interesting that they are going this route of having 4 separate contracts. I guess they are hoping the work gets done sooner than later.

Back