News   Mar 28, 2024
 567     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 421     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 758     0 

East Scarborough-Rouge Hill, Toronto's Oakville.

M

miketoronto

I had to go meet my friend the other day at her house in east Scarborough. So I took some pics from the walk we took to catch the bus.

Anyway Scarborough has a bad rap all the time, so these pics will show you the higher class area of Scarborough :)

East Scarborough which is known as Rouge Hill, Highland Creek, and West Rouge, is the richest area in Scarborough(save for the couple streets near the bluffs) and also the highest income area in Toronto after the central Toronto-North York corridor.

Anyway these pics will show you the other side of Scarborough, which is not ghetto :)

By the way, warning these pics show tacky housing :)

Scary to think, but there was a time my parents where ready to buy a house in the Rouge. Thank goodness they decided location was better then having a huge house.

Here is the view overlooking Rouge Park from my friends street. Rouge Park is the largest urban wilderness park in North America. Thats the border, before the scary 905 starts :)
rouge1.jpg

And now the houses.

rouge2.jpg

rouge3.jpg

rouge4.jpg

The following pics are not mine.

Heres Old Kingston Road. You can't see it to well but the old building on the left which use to be a strip club is now a Christian Church.
Kingston-Highland%20Creek-T&N.jpg

Highland Creek Village. This use to be the centre of the Village of Highland Creek, complete with streetcar service to downtown Toronto.
040619_0040.JPG

040619_0105.JPG

Some houses for sale in Highland Creek if you want to move there :)

Pics thanks to MLS.

e8016081.jpg

e8307631.jpg

DALMATIAN CRES. That was one of the streets I could have been living on. Glad I am not.
e8339031.jpg

e8477491.jpg

e8417801.jpg

e8168211.jpg

Thats East Scarborough, the rich area of Scarborough :)

Looks kinda 905ish in a way, except the buses in East Scarborough atleast run 24 hours :)

Scary to think, but there was a time my parents where ready to buy a house in the Rouge. Thank goodness they decided location was better then having a huge house.

Just a reminder: I think a lot of urban phreeks would more likely pair this "tacky housing" with the street you live on, than pair the street you live on with, say, Riverdale or the Annex. i.e. you're scarcely "better", location-wise, as it stands...

From those photos you could be showing me any suburban wasteland. I'm fairly sure I lived in one of those homes, except it was located in Barrie and had trees (ravine with water runoff) in the backyard.

"Highland Creek Village. This use to be the centre of the Village of Highland Creek, complete with streetcar service to downtown Toronto."

Yeah, a delightful 2+ hour trip each way. Bring a book...

that is absolutely not the rich part of scarborough. that's strictly a middle-income sort of place. go for a walk along hill crescent to see where the really affluent families in scarborough live

Not "rich" per se, but definitely "exurban"--that is, feeling more like West Pickering than anything 416ish...

Back