DuEast Condominiums (The Daniels Corp) - Real Estate -

I have a theory about those with April occupancy dates on lower floors:
Occupancy permits haven't been issued for any Unit 5 or Unit 6 in the West tower. I think these units were used for the hoist during the initial stages of construction. That would mean that those units are being finished last. (Shorter occupancy is kind of a plus!)
We’re actually in unit 6 on 4th floor and have been in here since January.

Anything else that you are wondering about? I remember that there were so many little things that I wanted to know before moving in. (There's no reason this information needs to secret in my book.)
That's awesome--thank you for sharing! Any pictures of the lobby? Also, you mentioned difficulties in navigating the move from the loading bay. Are most of the doors automated?
We're in 1905--still waiting for a PDI date and Apr. 15 occupancy.

That's awesome--thank you for sharing! Any pictures of the lobby? Also, you mentioned difficulties in navigating the move from the loading bay. Are most of the doors automated?
We're in 1905--still waiting for a PDI date and Apr. 15 occupancy.

I will try to grab some photos of the hallway and the loading bay next time I'm around there. The doors can be propped open, but it's more turns than I expected.
My PDI was exactly 2 weeks before the sign-off appointment.

Question to those who have already moved in: Does anyone know what paint colour used on the white walls?

The resident portfolio states that it is "Chantilly Lace" by Dulux. But that doesn't seem right. Chantilly Lace is a very peach/orange-toned colour but the walls are much more neutral.

Screenshot 2021-02-23 at 11.05.58.png

I will try to grab some photos of the hallway and the loading bay next time I'm around there. The doors can be propped open, but it's more turns than I expected.
My PDI was exactly 2 weeks before the sign-off appointment.

This is the route from the moving elevator to the loading dock:

1. Rear entrance of the elevator
20210224_190249.jpg

2. From the elevator, you go through the double door (last photo) and turn left into a hallway.
20210224_190305.jpg

3. Turn left again to get to another door.
20210224_190314.jpg

4. And, finally, through the door labelled "Loading Area."
20210224_190340.jpg

5. Photo of the Loading Area
20210224_190352.jpg

In theory, the giant garage door is open and your moving truck can pull into the space. The garage door wasn't working (broken or something) on the day I moved in. My movers had to go through a door behind the green dumpster to get to the truck.

Thanks for the details! That's unfortunate to have to deal with that on your moving day. Hopefully it was resolved quickly.
Enjoy your new place!

Question to those who have already moved in: Does anyone know what paint colour used on the white walls?

The resident portfolio states that it is "Chantilly Lace" by Dulux. But that doesn't seem right. Chantilly Lace is a very peach/orange-toned colour but the walls are much more neutral.

View attachment 301422

Do you need a lot of it? If not (and you are just doing self touch ups), ask the builder if you can provide a (small) jug/jar for them to fill with paint for you. In my experience, builders have been quite good with providing some paint for touch ups, etc.

I just got my Final Closing date! Anyone else? (I'm not sure if everyone has the same final closing date or if the dates are staggered.)

Registered!! The following is an excerpt from Daniels' letter...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are pleased to advise you that Daniels HR Corporation, DuEast West Tower Community, was registered on February 26th, 2021, as TORONTO STANDARD CONDOMINIUM PLAN NO. 2834.

Back