News   Mar 28, 2024
 269     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 248     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 287     0 

Does anybody know what this was supposed to be for?

Lone Primate

Member Bio
Reaction score
Don Mills Willowdale Park Forest something I dunno
And if you're talking about those weird little blocked off loops at Bayview (here: http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&sour...8066,-79.365964&spn=0.008116,0.01929&t=h&z=16 )

Those were originally for the crosstown expressway. It never got built though the ramps are still there.

I agree it would have been part of the CT Expressway, but what I mean is, what specifically does an interchange at that site actually serve? The only things I can think of are service vehicles in the valley or else the city once had plans to continue to use Don View Avenue in a major way. Even that doesn't seem too likely to me.

Link is messed, but if it is about the extra ramp at Eglinton I believe it was used as a bus bypass route sometime ago for GO and TTC.

There's an extra ramp at Eglinton?

Looking at it, I can't spot it... but interestingly there do seem to be hints of a couple of long-gone cloverleaf loops in the NE and SW quarters...

There's an extra ramp at Eglinton?

Looking at it, I can't spot it...
I think it's this:

http://maps.google.ca/?ie=UTF8&ll=4...=AAbCaegBnQYx7sGNGpNLWA&cbp=12,353.59,,0,-5.6

It's a bus lane, so buses can come off the DVP, drop off/pick up passengers, and run throughthe light and come back on.

But there's no service using it. I think GO was using it at one point; presumably there was little demand. This is the problem with transit running down highways, rather than where people are.

It's a bus lane, so buses can come off the DVP, drop off/pick up passengers, and run throughthe light and come back on.

Oh, right, that, yeah... I've often noticed that and thought it was kind of odd, but I never really stopped to wonder what it could be for. I think there's a parallel one on the west side, too.

Back