News   Mar 28, 2024
 702     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 479     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 796     0 

Countdown to 2047: The Death of Hong Kong?

Interesting comparisons in approval ratings between the last few chief executives/last governor:

Ha, Chris Patten wins.
The only one to have a higher approval rating at end of term than at beginning and also achieved a generally stable/upward trending approval rating.

Man, that nosedive for Lam is um.......noteworthy.
I actually feel bad for her. It's not as if she can stand up to the regime or step down after being granted the "favour" of her placement.

Thanks for posting that. I love charts. ?

I was also going to post the face scan internet and cell law jje1000 posted that came into effect in China this December.

That is one of the prime reasons in my opinion face coverings were to be banned in Hong Kong. The Chinese government is in my opinion working flat out creating extensive databases on Hong Kong’s entire population and I suspect also Taiwan. Anyone living in these places is crazy if they use any Chinese technology hardware or social media and payment software. These surveillance tools can also cast nets over the population so long as adoption rates are high enough. Western social media like Facebook also does this where a profile of people can be created by “triangulating” around non-users using user data.

Yup, Stasi wet dreams come to life.

Problem is....the Chinese people have their swine overlords (I'm talking about you Xi dada) but we have our swine technology companies doing the same thing.

Both systems are used for control.

I remember back in 2011 when they last had a tax rebate program, I was able to qualify for it ($6,000 HKD) even as a person overseas. I literally got my permanent residency at the beginning of that year during an extended visit.

Hong Kong to give cash gift of $1,200 to residents

26 February 2020

Hong Kong will hand out cash to adult permanent residents, to help boost spending and ease financial burden.

As part of the annual budget, $10,000 Hong Kong dollars ($1,280; £985) was announced for about seven million people over the age of 18.

Hong Kong to give cash gift of $1,200 to residents

Hong Kong will hand out cash to adult permanent residents, to help boost spending and ease financial burden.

As part of the annual budget, $10,000 Hong Kong dollars ($1,280; £985) was announced for about seven million people over the age of 18.

So, now they're bribing people? Sounds about normal for the CCP.

Hong Kong to distribute reusable face masks to all residents

The Hong Kong government launched a new initiative of giving away reusable face masks to all Hong Kong residents. The scheme offers one free CuMask+ face mask that, unlike conventional masks, can be washed with soap and water and reused up to 60 times. The giveaway comes in the wake of yesterday's announcement on the relaxing of social distancing measures in the city. It aims to provide Hongkongers with a means to continually protect themselves and prevent spreading in the current climate.

The online application period for the masks starts on May 6 and will last until June 6, during which time Hong Kong residents can log on to qmask.gov.hk and provide their details including their HKID number and a local address. Following a successful application, the masks will be delivered to applicants' doors within two weeks! One person can register six people at a time, and kids at primary schools and kindergartens will receive a mask from school automatically without the need to apply.

Hongkongers who are currently abroad can receive the mask so long as they provide a local address for delivery. If you miss the online application, the masks will be available at the post offices after the online application period has ended in June.

Well, well, well......trying to hide a virus wasn't good times enough. May as well use this opporunity to abort Hong Kong prematurely.

The Chinese meeting of sycophants and paid quisling scum, er party members that is their congress is looking to pass a national security law to impose on Hong Kong.

One party, two systems that the CCP love to drone on about is about to die. But, Taiwan is still invited to join the fold because we know how well the CCP dirt keep their word.

What does Beijing’s new national security law for Hong Kong cover, and who should worry?

‘Highly necessary’: Beijing to discuss enacting national security law in Hong Kong following months of protest

China did not report a single case or death from COVID-19 for the first time since the outbreak began, but we know that official Chinese data can't fully be trusted.

Thanks for the laugh.

Authoritarian regimes invented pissing on your leg and telling you it's raining.

In other news: The only people to believe that claim are the WHO and the Trudeau gang.

I love visiting Hong Kong, but I won’t be returning anytime this decade. The former colony seems to be going through what many (but not all) former non-Dominion British colony experienced. The Brits haul down the flag, the trumpeter plays last post and hand over the colony to the locals.... who soon turn the place and its working laws and order system to ruin. China wanted into the WTO, GATT and the Olympics so they were careful with Hong Kong. But not now, Hong Kong is going to look like when the British handed Aden or Uganda back to the local totalitarian regimes.

It’s too bad Hong Kong couldn’t become a free city state like Singapore, one of Britain’s most successful former non-Dominion colonies. For that to have happened it would need to occur in the late 1950s or early 60s when Britain was leaving Malaya and Singapore. But that wouldn’t work, as China would want the NT’s back in 1997.

Back