News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Concord Park Place Tango - 1 + 1 bedroom floor plan

wang888

Member Bio
Reaction score
what do you guys think of this floor plan?

screenshot20120102at713.png

I like the floorplan it looks functional. Are there windows in the storage room? If so, you can make that as a small room instead maybe. I think lots of people use their small dens as a storage already, but at least it looks like a room with a screen or a door. You're facing North East so there's less sunlight, but because you have a corner unit, you'll have more exposure to at least seeing outside with the floor to ceiling windows that wrap around. Any noise in your bedroom will come more from the outside as you're further away from your neighbouring suite room.

You don't get to see the general park as it will be in the West. I think the West side was more preferred because people will eventually have a view of the park and more sunlight. Your suite will be very airy as your view is basically seeing the intersection so you'll see a lot of cars pass by as you're also on the corner of the intersection. But you're not facing smack to another building so your views is you can look down the street and see McDonalds in the North and the East catching the bridge, depending if you're on a high floor.

Nice layout, nothing fancy and looks practical.

This look like a great layout! Very functional. I like the placement of the den - even though there's a pillar in it, it gives you a nice living area!

i got the unit without the kitchen sliding panel feature, so where would u guys put the dining table? circle or rectangle

i got the unit without the kitchen sliding panel feature, so where would u guys put the dining table? circle or rectangle

I would put a circle dining talbe (4 seater) beside the kitchen - in the area of the floor plan that says Living / Dining.

I would also use the Den area as my Living room. TV on the Bedroom wall or in that corner by the pillar. Modular sofa against the windows.

If it was me, first thought is I would put a rectangle table in the den. The Den is smaller than the living room so I would want more space to watch TV in the living room instead. The rectangle table will be shaped similarly to the den so less awkwardness in moving around and it actually makes the den an actual kitchen room with views around. If the table was multifunctional the better because you can shrink the table if your'e not eating there. I don't know what you can do for the workaround for the corner pillar though. I think I've seen in some magazines some people make a seating area around it. If you want more space, then a circular table would work and depending on what you do with the pillar, I would try to intergrate the circular table to the circular pillar then.

As for the living room, I think this would be the center piece area so you want more space to place your couches, TV and make that area as big as possible so you don't feel crammed with stuff like kitchen tables, etc.. I would use it for the purpose of an entertainment living area there. eg. TV on the wall side. Although the dining table will be a bit far from the kitchen, I think you would free up more space to make a living room feel that much bigger without a table stuck between there and the kitchen.

I find the sliding panel only good if you're cooking a storm there and don't want the smell to get outside of the kitchen. I'm not sure whether to think of it as too gimmicky or not if you're not going to cook a storm. If people drink at your place and you have the enclosure on I mean people could hit themselves walking into the glass if they aren't mindful of the partitioned area. Haha. I'm just joking but I have seen weird things happen, and people don't have to drink to have that happen.

Last edited:
Nice unit, good use of space. Love the fact that it's a corner unit, though you won't get too much sunlight with that particular exposure.

Do you have any idea of dimensions? It's tough to really determine the best use for each space without knowing their exact size.

I went to see units with this floorplan too. it's functional but depends on how much furniture you want to stuff in there or how big the family is. I decided on the 2-br unit eventually, even tho the cost difference was there... but I'm happy.

Are you buying as investment or to live there?

In my humble opinion I think this is pretty horrible for such a small space but seems to be about standard for current condo designs. I notice there doesn't seem to be any closet off the entry - where do people put their coats etc when the come in? I would get rid of the sliding doors off the kitchen _ why would want them? It just makes everything in this layout even more boxy and cut up. I would get rid of them and just put a kitchen an island - which if the space is large enough could function as a small dining table. The storage is nice but seems such a waste of space in such a small condo and it seems to small to do anything really with it - possibly an a small office ? I hate the big pillar in the den - it uses up a lot of valuable space. I also hate these all glass condo towers - they may look visually appealing but I don't think they are very practical. First you virtually no wall space to put a TV or bookcase or pictures or whatever. Second I would thought these would get awfully hot in the summer and awfully cold in the winter.

In my humble opinion I think this is pretty horrible for such a small space but seems to be about standard for current condo designs. I notice there doesn't seem to be any closet off the entry - where do people put their coats etc when the come in? I would get rid of the sliding doors off the kitchen _ why would want them? It just makes everything in this layout even more boxy and cut up. I would get rid of them and just put a kitchen an island - which if the space is large enough could function as a small dining table. The storage is nice but seems such a waste of space in such a small condo and it seems to small to do anything really with it - possibly an a small office ? I hate the big pillar in the den - it uses up a lot of valuable space. I also hate these all glass condo towers - they may look visually appealing but I don't think they are very practical. First you virtually no wall space to put a TV or bookcase or pictures or whatever. Second I would thought these would get awfully hot in the summer and awfully cold in the winter.

I have a unit that's similar, except its 2 bedroom. I don't think its horrible at all. You should probably visit the showroom to get a better feel as to how the unit can be laid out - that's what sold me on it. The entrance has a walk-in closet and you can easily put a coat hanger there, or even an entire shelf! The sliding doors I didn't get either.. but it's transparent (glass) if you do get it, so it does have an upscale feel to it, without making the area look smaller.
I do agree about the cold/hot part in the summer and winter, but my unit's pretty well ventilated so it's always pretty warm, especially it's sunny, even in the winter. I haven't been here long enough to know how it is in the summer but the I think the design's pretty practical. :eek:

The storage space seems like a waste in my opinion, it could of been created at least into a walk in closet. The pillar in the den is going to take a lot of space, especially for a dining set. It's still under construction so I really hope for your sake they change the layout a little bit to make it much more functional. Please note the fine print below the 1 Bedroom+ Den on the picture. I wish you luck.

700 sq.ft. for a 1BR+D is a good size. I have seen 2BR and 2 baths squeezed into units of that size which makes for really tiny impractical rooms and living spaces.

Having an in-suite storage closet is great if you didn't purchase a storage locker and very convenient as you don't need to go down the elevator and usually through the garage to get to it. Looking at the plan the window walls are dotted so I assume it must be spandrel panels (which is used a lot by Concord). I suggest getting a customized closet system there so you can maximize it as a coat closet and storage space for a vacuum, sports equipment, cleaning supplies, pantry, etc. There are no other closets other than in the bedroom.

What are the dimensions of the bedroom? It looks too narrow to fit a queen size bed facing the window or facing the closet -- I really dislike having a bed right against the corner of the room unless it's for a kids room. Also I don't having a fan coil unit in the bedroom as those things get noisy especially when the fan turns on.

I don't really get the sliding panels to enclose the kitchen. Usually the kitchen is the space where people hang out when you have guests over. I would put an island there as there is the space for it. I would put a dining table in the den so that it could be both a place to eat and work.

Having the unit at the end of the hallway is nice and judging from the key plan it looks like there are windows at both ends of the hall which is really nice and something you rarely see.

The storage space seems like a waste in my opinion, it could of been created at least into a walk in closet. The pillar in the den is going to take a lot of space, especially for a dining set. It's still under construction so I really hope for your sake they change the layout a little bit to make it much more functional. Please note the fine print below the 1 Bedroom+ Den on the picture. I wish you luck.

Have you ever measured out your unit to see if it was actually the the stated sq footage on the brochure?

The area stated in the marketing materials are measured differently. It's in accordance to Tarion standards where the area includes 100% thickness of the exterior walls and walls sharing a corridor or stairwell, and half of the wall shared with a neighbouring unit.
This could make a big difference if it is a corner unit or a unit that has extremely thick structural walls.

Back