News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 609     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 896     0 

Colourful characters from the past

Re: Zanta

It's good he is gone. There were lots of people who felt threatened by him. There is no way anybody should impede the safety of others.

I saw Zanta fingering (yes, that kind of fingering) some woman on the steps up from Dundas station to Dundas Square one day.. yup, good hes gone. He needed a lot of help.

I remember the Shaky Lady on Bay and Bloor from years ago and then they found out she actually had a place to stay and owned a nice TV. I'm not at Yonge/Dundas all that much in the evening - is that crazy proselytizing guy who hates Catholics still there?

Re: Zanta

It's good he is gone. There were lots of people who felt threatened by him. There is no way anybody should impede the safety of others.

Gone? I saw him around harassing people just a couple of months ago. He's also packed on the pounds.

He must have stopped doing meth. Mind you, the last time I was around Zanta and meth in the same day was in 2005 so one would hope he'd have laid off by now.
He wasn't as unwell back then. I mean, he was still pretty f**k**d but I remember not seeing him at all from around 2007 til about 2010 and when I did run into him again he had lost his earlier at least tentative grasp on reality.
Some friends of mine used to hang out with him around St Patricks Sq back in 2005-06. My group of friends was pretty messed up back then. No worries though, unlike poor Zanta, most of them survived the 20s drug haze quite well and are contributing members of society.

I remember the Shaky Lady on Bay and Bloor from years ago and then they found out she actually had a place to stay and owned a nice TV. I'm not at Yonge/Dundas all that much in the evening - is that crazy proselytizing guy who hates Catholics still there?
Believe Guy? yea. Still there yelling "BELIEVE IN THE LORD"

What about the guy who took over a metal table in the Yorkville park for 2 years. Disappeared in the colder weather. Always had a blanket. Wore a Kimono with a Dragon on it for a bit. Sometimes he even had a plant on his table. .

There's a new candidate worth mentioning. A few years ago there was a Youtube interview with a man on Yonge Street that was a 'word salad'. Cant find the video any longer. But I just realized its the guy who now walks up & down Yonge in a Scottish kilt! Still speaks in word salad, sadly.

Here's some awesome trading cards that highlight Toronto characters. here's 2. Crane girls and someone named Leprechaun guy the web site https://infamous6ix.com/author/infamous6ix/
IMG_7550.JPG
IMG_7549.JPG
IMG_7551.JPG

Back