News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.4K     4 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 510     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.2K     0 

Canada's next Governor General

Why fix something that's not broken? I rather like our heritage thank you very much. And that's speaking as an immigrant. In my experience, people who whine about the GG and the monarchy usually have very little knowledge of this country's history.
As a Brit-born Canuck I value the British elements In our history.

Ideally some Brit with a connection to Canada or vice versa.

Yeah, all three of those gents have been here and Goldie is even MBE....which has nothing to do with Canada, alright, alright.

In fact, Goldie has been coming here to perform since the start of his production and DJ career in the early 90s as Rufige Kru. Historical stuff, mate!
All this talk of my hero...gotta switch my avatar to the Metalheadz logo, brb.
Waaaait a minute....his wife is actually Canadian!!!

I'm telling you, Goldie is our guy!

Those were my preferences, but I'll take anyone worthy.

Hmm....connection eh? Conrad Black? :D

I guess it's kind of nice that there aren't any remaining barriers for who has been GG. Not sure if we have ever had an openly LGBT GG, but I honestly don't think anyone would really care one way or the other, given Ontario had a lesbian Premier and that wasn't even really a topic that got commented on much. The spouse of the GG isn't really a public figure.

As a "LGBT" myself, I couldn't give a toss. My sexuality doesn't define me and my interest in others' is nil....unless they're buying me drinks. ;)

Much like the change in head of state that just happened for our southern neighbour, I hope our new GG is boring and ignorable.

I like the mayor to be boring, too. Especially after Rob Ford.

Yeah, I was quite stoked about Tory after that particular embarrassment.

I even almost voted for him the last election.....and his first.

He's a good guy, at least.

Back