Artists' Alley (Lanterra) - Real Estate Thread -

In another thread people said Lanterra‘s building quality is too bad and they would never buy again. Would you guys agree? Any comment?

In another thread people said Lanterra‘s building quality is too bad and they would never buy again. Would you guys agree? Any comment?

Yes. Plenty of info out there on them. I know the buildings they built 10 years ago have had a lot of problems and suffered from the same issues (major one is soundproofing) but I'm not sure if they got that fixed in the newer buildings. I do find this builder cheap in general though. Just take a look at some of their newer developments

it is sad to hear that…but I guess end of the day we get what we pay for.
Anyways, think about it, at least I still recon this is a good location close to UoT and subway .
With the purchased price point from 2017, lower than other buildings at the time, hopefully the “inadequate“ quality could be offset by the money… still thinking to keep the unit so far…

it is sad to hear that…but I guess end of the day we get what we pay for.
Anyways, think about it, at least I still recon this is a good location close to UoT and subway .
With the purchased price point from 2017, lower than other buildings at the time, hopefully the “inadequate“ quality could be offset by the money… still thinking to keep the unit so far…

If you're renting it out, the quality issue may not be as bad. I have own a lanterra property that I've rented out for over 10 years. Never had trouble with tenants despite the lobby flooding like 4-5 times.

@nickharvey ^In a time when there's bidding wars for rent, you're gonna be fine to say the least. Just don't be one of those landlords who demand resumes, references, three months deposit and cover letters (yes, I've seen landlords ask how do you qualify for the privilege of paying to live in my 100 sq.ft. bedroom).

If you're renting it out, the quality issue may not be as bad. I have own a lanterra property that I've rented out for over 10 years. Never had trouble with tenants despite the lobby flooding like 4-5 times.
I really liked the Location of this building than anything else. With this, I will bear the potential quality concern.

@nickharvey ^In a time when there's bidding wars for rent, you're gonna be fine to say the least. Just don't be one of those landlords who demand resumes, references, three months deposit and cover letters (yes, I've seen landlords ask how do you qualify for the privilege of paying to live in my 100 sq.ft. bedroom).

Things were different when the province didn't tie down landlords and allowed the balance of power to sit at the tenant's feet. The reason why landlords are asking for top notch tenants is because it's next to impossible to get rid of a bad, non-paying, abusive tenant. I completely side with landlords here. It is an absolute nightmare to have to get rid of a non-paying tenant.

Back