News   Apr 25, 2024
 261     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 477     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.4K     1 

Any Canadian-owned chains of coffee shops?

How big does it have to be to qualify? Bridgehead has about 15 locations in Ottawa.

We have small chains in Toronto like Dark Horse (4?), Crema (3?), The Common (3?).......

Timothy's (HQ in Toronto)? Second Cup (HQ in Mississauga)?

And while not coffee, David's Tea is booming.

Last edited:
How big does it have to be to qualify? Bridgehead has about 15 locations in Ottawa.

We have small chains in Toronto like Dark Horse (4?), Crema (3?), The Common (3?).......
Jimmy's has three locations as well

Surely Robin's Donuts would be at the top of the list. It's the one you see all over the country in every small town - well except perhaps SW Ontario and Quebec.

I've been to a lot of small towns in Ontario and haven't seen a Robin's ... like Huntsville, Midland, Port Hope. I used their store locater function and couldn't find one in any of the towns I tried except for Thunder Bay, where they started, and where there are quite a few. So while they have over 100 locations, that doesn't equate to seeing them all over the country in every small town.

Their "sister" brand, Coffee Time, which is also owned by Chairman's Brands, has more than twice as many locations.

Back