Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

The Eaton Centre doesn't take up as much land as the Yonge/Front/University/Queen block though...until Square One's parking lots are redeveloped, it'll remain the dominant force on the landscape; it'll be downtown Mississauga.

Will Alsop is redoing the ground floor. Looks like the townhomes connecting AbsoluteWorld tower's 1 and 2 will be GONE! Awesome news.

Mississauga will fix it

But don't expect the sexy, 56-storey showpiece to instantly transform Mississauga into an urbane, dynamic city. For one thing, how the building meets the street was originally presented as an awkward strip of townhouses that looked glue-gunned onto poor Marilyn. Bad shoes, in other words, on great legs. Sajecki is promising that the city will get it right and, on that front, has called in British architect Will Alsop to fix the ground floor. Wait for it: Many eyes are fixed upon the total body of the tower.

Louroz

Alsop was also on the Queen West project, even created renderings and he was eventually gone.

What’s up with that?

What I'm trying to say is that we really don't know if Alsop has taken on this project yet or not.

What I find disturbing is that it sounds like your hoping he doesn’t take the job? What’s up with that?

Louroz

I never used the word think once, I said it sounds like it, I was asking for clarification on your exact position. So the question remains if you want to answer it directly, what are you thinking?

Louroz

Back