Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

proj_1.jpg

Reminds me a bit of Aqua in Chicago, and kinda like the future Market Wharf building.

really this Miami building is far from being the architectural wonder that the Absolute buildings will be. All theyve done is stagger the balconies in a pattern that simulates a wave shape. Dont get me wrong, its a decent gimmick but thats all it is... a gimmick attached to a box!

That building looks like it's doing the hula. Nice place to get lei'd, I guess

really this Miami building is far from being the architectural wonder that the Absolute buildings will be. All theyve done is stagger the balconies in a pattern that simulates a wave shape. Dont get me wrong, its a decent gimmick but thats all it is... a gimmick attached to a box!

That is all Absolute is, a core who's shape doesn't change, just the outer envelope. The Miami tower actually took more work in a 3D application to produce then Absolute did.

That is all Absolute is, a core who's shape doesn't change, just the outer envelope. The Miami tower actually took more work in a 3D application to produce then Absolute did.

The floorplans for Absolute do say that size and layout varies by floor and rotation so im guessing that means the core does indeed rotate.

The core will not rotate. You guys have got to be kidding me.

size and layout varies by floor and rotation so im guessing that means the core does indeed rotate.

Well, because each floor will have a different amount of sq ft from the next.

The core will not rotate. You guys have got to be kidding me.

Well, because each floor will have a different amount of sq ft from the next.

We mean the floor plate will rotate as it goes up the tower. Every floor will have a similar layout, just different sizes due to the shift in the floor plate.

Only the balconies "rotate" and personally I think the way Absolute's will do it will have a much more dramatic effect than that tower in Miami.

Back