1.1K     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.3K     5 

80 Sheppard W (80 Sheppard West, ?s, ?)

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Sajecki Planning has registered to lobby in respect of development of this property on behalf of the above group.

1679502938147.png

Location Context, this is fairly close to Yonge and NYCC, though beyond the ring road:

1679502981693.png

Looking West from the site in question.

Aerial pic:

1679503059150.png

Site size: ~17,000ftw (large enough to support a tower form)

Comments: Site is within 220M of Yonge-Sheppard Station and would likely benefit from MTSA status.
Precedent is NorthCore Condos, virtually across the street at 16s.

I will tag @sunnyraytoronto as this is fiefdom and he will likely have something to share!

Sajecki Planning has registered to lobby in respect of development of this property on behalf of the above group.

View attachment 463388

Location Context, this is fairly close to Yonge and NYCC, though beyond the ring road:

View attachment 463389
Looking West from the site in question.

Aerial pic:

View attachment 463390

Comments: Site is within 220M of Yonge-Sheppard Station and would likely benefit from MTSA status.

I will tag @sunnyraytoronto as this is fiefdom and he will likely have something to share!
Nice find. About time this stretch of Sheppard densifies like North York Centre on Yonge has.

Nice find. About time this stretch of Sheppard densifies like North York Centre on Yonge has.
We can also, I think and hope, expect the Sheppard line to eventually connect over to the other side of Line 1. Especially with the Downsview project adding so much density over there. That extension would open up a lot more viable options for people taking transit, and therefore drive development all along Sheppard. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like it's going to happen anytime soon.

We can also, I think and hope, expect the Sheppard line to eventually connect over to the other side of Line 1. Especially with the Downsview project adding so much density over there. That extension would open up a lot more viable options for people taking transit, and therefore drive development all along Sheppard. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like it's going to happen anytime soon.
I assume it would be bundled with the Sheppard East extension.

"fief·dom ˈfēf-dəm. plural fiefdoms. Synonyms of fiefdom. : an area over which someone exercises control as or in the manner of a feudal lord."

Hmmm,... now, why would anyone think I'm Feudal? Or a Lord???

Anyways,... Transit-Hub really doesn't mean much around here,... the Secondary Plans still takes precedence,... at least for now, and the North York Centre Secondary Plan will be reviewed/strengthen later this year,..

This site is subject to the Sheppard Lansing Secondary Plan (previously named Sheppard Avenue Commercial Area Secondary Plan which is being split in half to Sheppard Lansing Secondary Plan and Sheppard Willowdale Secondary Plan)
- the main restriction on height is from transition to single residential house area at rear of site; requires 7.5m rear setback from rear property line, from there at 10.5-12.5m height (residential VS commercial/retail) must observe 45degree angular plane,... now due to lot depth,... oh, there's also requirement to convey first 10-15ft strip of frontage property to City for wider roadway,... now due to lot depth, most will be restricted to about 5-6-storeys depending on residential VS Commercial/Retail ratio. This will be a low-rise,... no tower!
1679517272215.png

https://www.toronto.ca/city-governm...avenue-commercial-area-secondary-plan-review/
https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2022/ny/bgrd/backgroundfile-174359.pdf

The 16-Storey NorthCore (previously Grmada Holdings' 14-storey UpZone-To-Flip) and PineLake's 11-storey 245 Sheppard West were not subject to these Secondary Plans because their original development applications were officially submitted prior to the Sheppard Avenue Commercial Area Secondary Plan being officially approved by City Council.

BTW, zoom into first photo that show list of tenants,... the main tenant of the current site is United Ways' North York Seniors Centre's Office/Support site, they also operate their Meals On Wheels and Ride To Doctors Office from this site,... now, we'll need to find another location for them near by,.... https://www.nyseniors.org/

Back