News   Apr 19, 2024
 2.9K     1 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1K     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.6K     3 

67 Adelaide St E Revovation (Na-Me-Res, 4s, Hilditch)

DOWNTOWNTO27

Member Bio
Reaction score
I just posted this in the St. Lawrence Neighbourhood section and thought it might be of interest to the larger group due to the new rendering included.....

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 2.42.47 PM.png

I just noticed that there are more changes to the exterior than just the fins. I'm not a fan at all. Again, there's nothing wrong with the building as is.

Fwiw according to the commentary here, the rendering that has been shown above at the beginning of the thread may not necessarily end up being the final concept:

Images
3D Renderings will be available soon.

Disclaimer that these renderings may not match the final version that is built

...I am torn between keeping some of the heritage elements while respecting the indigenous direction here. So I can't agree with the "there's nothing wrong with the building as is", as that's not the intention of this outfit to improve on something that isn't broken. But I can agree that with the first rendering that they're seem to be doing it all wrong. /sigh

Understanding that renderings do change, this seems to appear to be their "best foot forward" since it is their initial image release and outreach to the community. The biggest disappointment that I see is that they seem to be proposing some sort of panelling system or cladding that covers the entire limestone facade. They also seem to be removing or covering the brick and granite at grade elements and eliminating the handsome double height windows on the third floor.

I just wonder why exterior renovations are being done at all where the money could be spent on better interiors, security, or programming for the residents.

I sent an e-mail to the listed e-mail address. Perhaps attendees at the meeting tonight could raise this objection as well.

Back