819     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 282     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 694     0 

2019 Ontario Liberal Leadership Race / Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
* Mods * Perhaps we ought to rename this thread to a general Provincial Liberal Leadership thread; or we ought to split off posts about the new leader into a new thread.

Is this now the official 2023 Leadershp thread?

Nathaniel Erskine-Smith from Beaches-East York has officially declared.

I like Erskine-Smith. While his reputation as a maverick is a bit overrated, he seems thoughtful and is in politics for the right reasons.

There are a lot of rumours that Bonnie Crombie, the Mayor of Missisauga, is eyeing the leadership race, which I expect would make her the favourite.

I like Erskine-Smith. While his reputation as a maverick is a bit overrated, he seems thoughtful and is in politics for the right reasons.

There are a lot of rumours that Bonnie Crombie, the Mayor of Missisauga, is eyeing the leadership race, which I expect would make her the favourite.

Nate is (currently) my MP; I like him. He's had research done for me by the Parliamentary library, looking into different public policy outcomes.

He's very much a policy wonk.

Also nice is that he takes an interest, that he read the research he had done for me and we had a good chat about the results.

Nate is (currently) my MP; I like him. He's had research done for me by the Parliamentary library, looking into different public policy outcomes.

He's very much a policy wonk.

Also nice is that he takes an interest, that he read the research he had done for me and we had a good chat about the results.

One challenge for Erskine-Smith will be to find a seat to run in, if he wins the leadership race. He apparently turned down the opportunity to run in the upcoming Scarborough Guildwood by-election, which is currently held by Liberal Mitzie Hunter. Given the shape of the OLP, there aren't many safe seats to run in. He might have to wait until the 2026 general and run in a riding where the OLP came close, like St. Paul's or Etobicoke-Lakeshore.

Guess Brampton's default choice is going to be NDP if Ford screws them over in Peel Region separation.

This is tricky, is Ford going to be fair to Mississauga in the split? This news feeds into a complex situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back