Toronto 2 Bloor West Podium Redevelopment | ?m | 2s | KingSett Capital | WZMH

Not sure if this has been brought up before... but are there plans on recladding the existing tower now that this podium has a completely different glass and vibe than the rest of the building?

Which I find very Toronto, and not in a good way.
If the envelope isn't at the end of life cycle, even though it's a bit dated, there's no need to replace it. Incurring tens of millions in capital costs for no tangible increase in rent isn't going to be in KS' best interest, especially in a world where office vacancies are ticking higher and higher throughout the city (and new projects like Portland Common are completing without leases)...

...but in the meantime, they could of least made the podium cladding look like the rest of the building...so it doesn't look all inconsistent like when the common pedestrian does look up. But oops, that capital cost has already left the barn! /sigh

...but in the meantime, they could of least made the podium cladding look like the rest of the building...so it doesn't look all inconsistent like when the common pedestrian does look up. But oops, that capital cost has already left the barn! /sigh
That would be a mistake i think, unless you're suggesting the new podium should've more closely matched the pattern on the tower above. It could've looked boring/too uniform.
I like the eclectic expression/architectural fusion :). It's sort of the reverse of heritage podium preservations that you often see in TO.

Back