115 Saulter St S (Castlepoint Numa)

ProjectEnd

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Colliers trying to get one of the Port Lands sites shifted:

E_WV-IPWYAMbzlV.jpg

1631733791894.png

The suggested massing is just conceptual of course, but 6 and 10 storeys seems to be on the light side. Ultimately, the Portlands are a huge space to develop in the future and a mix of different types of format size and forms are welcomed, but I think the suggested potential scale needs to be expanded towards the 20 to 30+ storey range to make this an attractive initial entry into the district.

I don't have the maps, but I assume the height is because of the YTZ flight paths. I know Bousfields would not be recommending something so low if there wasn't a reason for it.

I don't have the maps, but I assume the height is because of the YTZ flight paths. I know Bousfields would not be recommending something so low if there wasn't a reason for it.
Billy Bishop has a 2% grade flight path like most aiports, and this one is over 4km from the runway, so the height limit here would be in the 80-90 metre range. Not crazy tall, but more than 10st.

The planning policy applicable in the Portlands is unbelievably complex, I believe the old Metro Toronto Official Plan still applies in some capacity from what I recall, so I won't bother to go look up what the designation is here, but the 10 storeys is likely coming out of planning regulations and not airport zoning.

Back