News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 637     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
B

billy corgan19982

Perhaps they will pull out of metropolis because of the ongoing delays.

Re: Eaton Centre

A new banner has appeared on the Metropolis hoarding right at the streetcar stop announcing that the Canadian Music Hall of Fame will be opening on the site in Spring 2008.

So I figure we're looking at at least 2010.

Even with their best-case scenario of 2008, the site would have been garbage for what... 11 years? Someone important needs to go to prison or into bankruptcy or something...

A new banner has appeared on the Metropolis hoarding right at the streetcar stop announcing that the Canadian Music Hall of Fame will be opening on the site in Spring 2008.

Wow...so the project is essentially delayed another 3 years. I figured things would go faster at this point, not slower!

That soon? There's no way. Ed's guess would be more accurate.

Rush-2112.jpg

Metropolis website fully up and running!

Check it out, the website is up and running fully, some good views of what it "will" look like when done,

www.metropolis.ca

I like the 3rd view. I can't help but think it looks worse than Torch.

I can't believe it's still over a year away from opening. Couldn't they open it this year? I guess they're still looking for tenants...

I still can't say I am impressed - the tack factor remains rather high.

AoD

Looks like nothing worth waiting for.
It's the first building in Toronto I've seen where all the marketing appeal seems to be directed not at the amenities or the architecture, but at the amount of advertising space that can be crammed floor, walls and ceiling into the shell of the building.
Ugly, and a little worrisome.

Well, I wouldn't want it across the street from me, but it does seem to fit with what's already surrounding Dundas square. And there is a certain amount of urban appeal in spaces like this. Times Square in New York is always stuffed with tourists agawk. They'll love Wolfgang Puck's.

Greg

Concourse levels 2 and 3 will be tough to lease out.

Ah, yeah; Dundas Square's answer to the Chinatown Centre; I can see it...dead rats and vermin in fire stairwells and all...

I have one request and one request only... no Torch-style bare concrete. Other than that, I'm quite excited about having AMC, Boston Pizza and Wolfgang Puck's so close... it'll be like having the burbs in my backyard.

Back