News   Apr 25, 2024
 188     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 424     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Search Forum function

The UT search function is basically useless and I too can only find useful UT thread info via Google. It's ridiculous and should be addressed.

You can literally copy the exact name and formatting of a thread TITLE into advanced search keywords... choose "search thread title" lol... and get useless results.

Imagine doing a keyword search for one of the most popular threads in history... "The One", and getting no results or useless unrelated results.

I pasted The One's exact thread title into the the search (and chose search "thread titles". This is what I got:

lousy-search.jpg

I don't understand how UrbanToronto cannot have a working search engine for all this time, particularly given the volume of database and forum thread info/contributions that is the life blood of the website.

Does your web provider refuse to give you this priceless, functioning search tool that most other sites have? :confused: Makes no sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: DSC
The UT search function is basically useless and I too can only find useful UT thread info via Google. It's ridiculous and should be addressed.

You can literally copy the exact name and formatting of a thread TITLE into advanced search keywords... choose "search thread title" lol... and get useless results.

Imagine doing a keyword search for one of the most popular threads in history... "The One", and getting no results or useless unrelated results.

I pasted The One's exact thread title into the the search (and chose search "thread titles". This is what I got:

View attachment 427740

I don't understand how UrbanToronto cannot have a working search engine for all this time, particularly given the volume of database and forum thread info/contributions that is the life blood of the website.

Does you web provider refuse to give you this priceless, functioning search tool that most other sites have? :confused: Makes no sense.
I have said this for several years, the Search function is virtually useless and restricting to Thread title is clearly not working as 'advertised'! If UT (or, more accurately, your software vendor) cannot get the search working it may be best to put a Google search link (UT site only) on the site and give up on the current failure.

Searching today brings up this:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 12288 bytes) in /home/utadmin/public_html/xenforo/src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Manager.php on line 743

Fatal error
: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32768 bytes) in /home/utadmin/public_html/xenforo/src/XF/Error.php on line 1

Back