News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.3K     3 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 661     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 931     0 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

As a GRT ION and GO Transit passenger, this is news to me.

The report makes it sound like previously you could only board if you have a Presto card with money already on it, which isn't great. If you can't turn up at a stop or station and pay your fare in cash, people are going to get left out - not everyone has a debit card, or enough time and money to go buy a Presto card.
Read what I said again. You won't be screwed. There will be a vending machine that you dump your coins in and it'll print you a receipt which is your proof of payment.

The inconvenience is the same as paper transfers. You can't use fare gates at stations and they can't implement tap out to exit the system at stations either.

Read what I said again. You won't be screwed. There will be a vending machine that you dump your coins in and it'll print you a receipt which is your proof of payment.
Why do ticket vending machines get vandalize, but vending machines that give out transfer don't?

The inconvenience is the same as paper transfers. You can't use fare gates at stations and they can't implement tap out to exit the system at stations either.
Fear not, in the TTC/Presto contract, they committed to providing tappable paper "receipts". (if only the lawyers at Metrolinx spoke to the technical staff ...)

That's what the Delete button is for.
press-any-key-any-key.gif
From link.

Back