Toronto Social at Church + Dundas | 164.89m | 52s | Pemberton | RAW Design

5BC781BC-93A5-4F04-978B-C7479DCED877.jpeg
C2AFAB5A-1BE9-498A-885B-F321CF163934.jpeg

I wouldn't judge it just yet. While I don't like those coloured glass panels, the other glass appears decent to me and there are no waist high mullions here.

The panes being different widths definitely throws me off, I don't even know how that could be cheaper honestly but what do I know. Theres only this plus one more level between the podium and the balconies. The balcony cladding will make or break this project, but I remain hopeful it'll make it more so than break it.

The renderings had never portrayed the podium in sufficient detail, so the precast brick panels installed so far have already surpassed my initial vague expectations for it by a bit. The different tones on the paneling also does create some texture and visual interest.

While moving onto the tower, yes the flat surface window wall does trend towards the blander side. But ultimately, IMO the glass cladding on the angled balconies will be the determining factor on what makes or breaks the execution on this design. Along with how they handle the cladding on the top of the tower.

Back