Toronto GO Transit: Davenport Diamond Grade Separation | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

They've uploaded their renderings for the greenway and wow what a bunch of liars they are. Basically their plan is to do a little landscaping under the guideway. There aren't any plans for a market, dog park, swings, tables, embellishments on the columns, and the bridge on Dupont is a far cry from what was originally shown. I am so pissed with Metrolinx.
Wouldn't that be "City of Toronto" responsibility? Metrolinx is "Province of Ontario". Inform the local councillor and/or mayor.

E305E731-6208-4645-8CE3-B51D8437DB8E.jpeg
6C85D618-2C77-46D9-BA39-E90C0C71A7C2.jpeg
9CFC6DAE-07D4-4F40-BF32-8ADB0CAAED8C.jpeg
29017148-18B2-4F43-9D98-BD1E8323739B.jpeg

^Wow. When the form is poured on the south side of Wallace, it’s going to be the most tangible change in the view at street level through there.

And then they will begin building the tiles and fill for the south grade….

- Paul

^Wow. When the form is poured on the south side of Wallace, it’s going to be the most tangible change in the view at street level through there.

And then they will begin building the tiles and fill for the south grade….

- Paul
Im curious into why they didnt use a single thicker pier that can cover both tracks but instead went with the longer route with 2 separate piers. It wouldve made forming much more efficient and who knows, they couldve been
much farther down than now.

Im curious into why they didnt use a single thicker pier that can cover both tracks but instead went with the longer route with 2 separate piers. It wouldve made forming much more efficient and who knows, they couldve been
much farther down than now.
I don't know for certain but I suspect they needed to extend the supports down to the bedrock and it would be easier to do this by drilling than digging.

Wouldn't that be "City of Toronto" responsibility? Metrolinx is "Province of Ontario". Inform the local councillor and/or mayor.
AFAIK the renderings and scope of the project was outlined entirely by Metrolinx. Seems they knowingly deceived the community to get shovels in the ground. It shows a lack of respect for the communities these rail lines pass through and sets a precedent for other projects within Old Toronto. The community preferred a tunnel, granted that wasn't economically feasible, the very least the province could do is keep their word.

Also of note, the trains in the renderings no longer feature a pantograph.

I wonder what rug pull is in store for the residents of Riverdale. Hmmm...

AFAIK the renderings and scope of the project was outlined entirely by Metrolinx. Seems they knowingly deceived the community to get shovels in the ground. It shows a lack of respect for the communities these rail lines pass through and sets a precedent for other projects within Old Toronto. The community preferred a tunnel, granted that wasn't economically feasible, the very least the province could do is keep their word.

I do see base supports for electrical supports in the rendering . And at this link, they mention electric trains for "Using electric trains on the Barrie, Lakeshore, Stouffville, and Kitchener lines will allow faster trains."

I'm just super impressed that ML actually figured out a way to elevator their passenger trains. They better hurry up and patent this breakthrough innovation.

They've uploaded their renderings for the greenway and wow what a bunch of liars they are. Basically their plan is to do a little landscaping under the guideway. There aren't any plans for a market, dog park, swings, tables, embellishments on the columns, and the bridge on Dupont is a far cry from what was originally shown. I am so pissed with Metrolinx.
*not surprised face*

I do hope Metrolinx realises that the more switcharoos like this that they pull/try and pull - the more that the wider public will lose trust.

This is really good to hear. I live about 200m from a platform and removing the bell ringing would be amazing. I am constantly being awoken by it in the morning as the high pitch noise seems to go right through my condo walls.
wow were finally moving into the late 20th century and away from the antique steam era practices!!

this is probably a result of value engineering. most of the concerned citizens who are emotionally vested in this are too naive to realise that concept renderings dont necessarily reflect the finished product. A lot can change due to funding, site conditions and change in design direction. In the spirit of the rules, ML or whoever is responsible promised greenscape under the overpass which they provided. The exact intensity or type of species was always subject to funding and other
factors. If anything blame queens park for not allocating enough funds to buy everything on the wish list. I'm sure also pandemic spending and the exponential rise in construction costs played a factor in trimming back.

this is probably a result of value engineering. most of the concerned citizens who are emotionally vested in this are too naive to realise that concept renderings dont necessarily reflect the finished product. A lot can change due to funding, site conditions and change in design direction. In the spirit of the rules, ML or whoever is responsible promised greenscape under the overpass which they provided. The exact intensity or type of species was always subject to funding and other
factors. If anything blame queens park for not allocating enough funds to buy everything on the wish list. I'm sure also pandemic spending and the exponential rise in construction costs played a factor in trimming back.
Also Queen's Park doesn't have an interest in spending money where it doesn't win votes. So the conservatives don't really have any issues with cutting funds from projects in Old Toronto, because to them, it's more of a benefit to be like "look we reduced government spending", than to provide nice infrastructure to people who weren't going to vote for them anyway. Sadly this is what happens when all our transit projects are entirely controlled by politicians.

Also Queen's Park doesn't have an interest in spending money where it doesn't win votes. So the conservatives don't really have any issues with cutting funds from projects in Old Toronto, because to them, it's more of a benefit to be like "look we reduced government spending", than to provide nice infrastructure to people who weren't going to vote for them anyway. Sadly this is what happens when all our transit projects are entirely controlled by politicians.
honestly any developer would find ways to cut costs where they can. This is a profit making business and it is common for these practices to happen. Its just like automakers showing off a concept car and then revealing a watered down production version.
Its not the exact product but it follows design intent. Then again we have to all appreciate the unique situation we are all in. Billions were spent in trying to save our lives last year so I wouldnt be too disappointed if that resulted in cutting back on some of the
nice to have items.

honestly any developer would find ways to cut costs where they can. This is a profit making business and it is common for these practices to happen. Its just like automakers showing off a concept car and then revealing a watered down production version.
Its not the exact product but it follows design intent. Then again we have to all appreciate the unique situation we are all in. Billions were spent in trying to save our lives last year so I wouldnt be too disappointed if that resulted in cutting back on some of the
nice to have items.
But the government isn't a developer, their goal isn't to make money.

The government doesn't have a problem wasting money to buy votes elsewhere.

Besides, they got the community onboard with the promise to build the greenway. Cancelling it now is a scummy and asshole-ish move. This sort of thing will affect our ability to get other communities onboard with transit through their neighborhoods. At this rate, I don't blame Thorncliffe Park and Leslieville NIMBYs for opposing transit projects through their neighborhoods ...

But the government isn't a developer, their goal isn't to make money.

The government doesn't have a problem wasting money to buy votes elsewhere.

Besides, they got the community onboard with the promise to build the greenway. Cancelling it now is a scummy and asshole-ish move. This sort of thing will affect our ability to get other communities onboard with transit through their neighborhoods. At this rate, I don't blame Thorncliffe Park and Leslieville NIMBYs for opposing transit projects through their neighborhoods ...
You are either forgetting or wilfully ignoring who funds the project: YOU ARE. you pick. either trim back due to excessive spending during a pandemic or get your beautiful shrubs and trees and get a tax hike when you have to pay for it in the next budget. I for one see that as a no brainer decision for most. Dont forget these concept images came pre-pandemic. As with many pre 2008 recession goodies, many were scaled back due to the shifting realities. GET OVER IT. Also they did not "cancel" anything, but rather scaled back from the concept.
Once you start inserting those false narratives into the statements, it will form the basis of an untruth or over-exaggeration.

Back