Toronto 619 Yonge | 237.99m | 70s | YI Developments | Core Architects

Automation Gallery

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Not much info here, but something is brewing at 625 Yonge......most likely another tower

625 YONGE ST
OPA / Rezoning 12 260124 STE 27 OZ Ward 27
- Tor & E.York Oct 9, 2012 --- --- --- Chlon, Mark
416-397-1761

It's not much of a building but one more tall building to destroy the lowrise charactor of Yonge Street, and shadow yet another section of the small amount parkland that we have in this neighbourhood.

Sales price seems on the low side at 7,000,000, so maybe not that high. http://www.purchaserealestate.ca/4a_com_listings.php
Using this Google Maps area app, site is between 12,500 to 25,000 sq ft.

that number is wrong. the property sold last year for $11,500,000 to "angel isabella inc." might be the same group that's doing 8 Gloucester on the same block. there's a "rabba" is listed as officer of the company as well so if i were to guess i'd say that this probably involves more than just the 625 yonge building.

this is a fairly prime corner so an application for a grotesquely tall high rise wouldn't surprise me.

Here it is....one more tower for Yonge street

625 YONGE ST
OPA / Rezoning 12 260124 STE 27 OZ Ward 27
- Tor & E.York Oct 9, 2012 --- --- --- Chlon, Mark
416-397-1761
Rezoning application to permit the redevelopment of an existing 3 storey non-residential building to a mixed use 40 storey building having 326 residential units, 243 bicycle parking, 107 vehicular parking, 1400m2 of retail space and 1630m2 of office space

From Google Streetview:

ScreenShot017.jpg

17,000 square feet isn't even a single floorplate of the site. (Assuming they own both of the low rise buildings here) 13,000 for the retail is about half of the main floor, which is to be expected for a development like this.

Errrrrr.....uuummmmmm........yeah, is there going to be anything left of Yonge street, or is it to be wall to wall glass and steel in a few years, does city council have any comprehension of the word "no"???? So much for retaining ANY of TO's heritage and history! What a pisser! At first, at the beginning of the condo boom around 2005, I was so excited to see so much going up so fast, and I never thought I'd say it, but enough already! Leave Yonge alone, it's one of the last remaining hints of our culture, and it's about to be bulldozed over? I know saying this means nothing to a developer with bags of cash, but we've got to have limits. I've talked about this in previous threads, but it bears repeating, is it ethical, or socially responsible to allow our history to be erased in favour of some gaudy monstrosity that will fall apart in a few decades? I've been doing a little research, some of the original structures on Yonge, particularly between Dundas and Bloor, are almost 150 years old (a few even older). I know many of you are thinking "so what?", I guess I'm a freak, I have a silly sentimental attachment to my city's long and rich history, am I alone in thinking this?

Nope, that is 623 Yonge to the south of 627. There isn't actually a 625 Yonge St, so it might very well be both properties on the chopping block.

Back