Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

Yeah, I've always thought that park between Simcoe and CBC was pretty desolate 90% of the time. The space between the Metro Hall towers and Roy Thompson Hall is even worse. It feels about as vibrant as the Mississauga Executive Centre (which is to say it might as well be a surface parking lot).

It's unfortunate that so few people visit these spaces outside of lunch hour, because the landscaping and views are great. Maybe things will pick up when a few thousand new residents move into the area.

Are you surprised that the TD centre courtyard, and that space in front of FCP, are also empty outside lunch hours?

I guess it was a mistake to edit out the part about expecting these plazas to be any busier than others in the CBD to be unrealistic from my post.

9 September 2008 photo update

Taking shelter from the rain outside the Princess of Wales theatre, I could see:

DSC00046-1.jpg

at the moment it just looks oddly unfinished, and out of place

hopefully it's still a work in progress...

at the moment it just looks oddly unfinished, and out of place

hopefully it's still a work in progress...

HUH???:confused:

well this should probably go in the rbc thread...

but anyway, that unfinished concrete piece in the rbc podium, based on the the render, looks like it will stay that way - just an unfinished column of concrete with an rbc logo at the top.

i'm hoping they have realized now how ugly it looks, and cover it up or paint it or something.

Back