Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

The unit was seen as a decent value so people bought the units.

Wow, fascinating off-topics. Sorry to add to it, just this little anecdote. I used to ask older men to pose as my father so I could watch triple bills at the Coronet when I was kid in the late 60's/early 70's right across from where that poor little boy perished. Yonge Street Mall and all the B-movie theatres, Papaya Hut, Simpsons etc. were all a big part of the Yonge Street cultural scene back then. Anyway, thanks for some much needed nostalgia.

on another topic, does anyone know anything new about Aura? This one has fallen off the face of the earth! I had to go back 4 pages just to find the thread.

Is this thing happening?

i agree, there doesn't seem to be much hype about the building anymore. there doesn't seem to be much advertisements about the building (ie. the condo guide). i heard that they have already released their retail space on ground level. that's about the only new information i've gotten.

What i'd like to know is when will construction commence? i'm passing gerrard and yonge almost everyday from work and to my dismay, that parking lot in the corner still stands...

Sept 9/08 Update

still just a parking lot ... construction anytime soon??

Are they not still trying to get approval for the extra height? Maybe they are still working out the details and don't want to start until they do.

I'm confident Aura will go forward ... given its zoning is OMB approved ... the question is how much higher will it go beyond the 75 storeys permission (by way of a minor variance application)

Back